Chapter 4 | 8 mths

"Morning sweet baby. Was your sleep good?" Said my dad.

I stretched while smiling.

"Well that's good. We're decorating today!" He said in a small soft voice while he petted my stomach.

"Due dur."
"Haha! Ya due dur. Autumn! She said doctor!"

Dad that's not what I was trying to perceive to you.

"What is it Taylor?"
"She can say doctor!"
"Taylor at 8 months."
"Yea! Listen! Okay say it!"

I didn't remember what I did to make that noise, so I tried again.

"De de!"
"Really Taylor. Really."
"She did! I swear!"
"Okay Taylor." She smirked the same smirk that Rebecca once did.

My mom and my dad looked in each other's eyes with a sparkle. They looked down at each other's lips and kissed ever so lightly. My dad twirled her out of the room with my mom smiling as big as I have ever seen her smile.

"I love you Taylor. And your a mess."
"I know but you make me one."

They make each other happy. I hope my daddy quits that job to come back permanently.
My stomach was rumbling ready for some food. I was "overmature" as my doctors would say, because I started everything early. I've been eating baby food since 5 months. My dad just said that would make me stronger and ready for the batting cages. And of course I believed him.

"Taylor can you help me with some of these boxes?"
"Ya. How about you go get the tree and I'll get the boxes."
"Okay thanks." She grabbed his left shoulder and kissed him on the cheek.

My mom brought in a white tree with a alignment of rainbow lights. And my dad brought in some clear boxes full of cloths and trains.

He sat the boxes down and came toward me. He picked me up from my swing in the corner to the living room where they were unpacking for some sort of party.

"Taylor get the rest of the lights out of the back of your truck. It's the ones with red ribbon around them. I'll be unloading the boxes."
"Yea okay. So red ribbon?"
"Yes Taylor."

I wanted to help unpack the boxes so I came crawling towards them.

"Taylor!"
"What? Did you get cut?"
"No look! Look at leigh! She's crawling!"
"Ah! Let me get my camera! Just wait Leigh!"

Um okay?
My dad came in rushing with a black lanyard around his neck with a big machine attached to the end. It was pointed straight at me so I smiled and looked away. I started to go for what I was wanting. To unpack the pretty trains!

"She's crawling at 8 months! Incredible!"
"She's a super baby!"

He picked me up making me drop a glass train. It shattered on the floor. I knew I did something wrong because my dad sat me back down in that swing in the corner.

"It's okay. It's really okay Taylor. We have five just like it."
"Oh, I thought that was the one your mom gave you!"
"No that one is right over there. See the green and red one?"
"Oh okay what a relief!"
"Now help me hang the ornaments on the tree! It's only 20 more days till Christmas! And Rebecca's coming over with Lane in a few minutes. Can you clean that mess also?"
"Yea? Which do you want me to do first?"
"The mess silly, that's why I said it last."
"But if you said it last why is it first?"
"What did I say first?"
"Uh... Wait gimme a second."
"You just answered your own question."