Chapter 7 | 1 year

I woke up and it was still dark outside. I started to crawl and I grabbed onto the end of the crib. I stood and started to bounce. What fun!

"What are you doing? Say what are you doing missy!" Said my dad in his sweet tone.

I died out laughing.

"Ahha! Bloop!"

He blew onto my stomach.

"De de!"
"Awe can you say daddy?"
"De de!"
"I'll take it! Sweetie! Come here! This time it's real!"
"Taylor what is it this time!" She laughed.
"Look! Okay say daddy!"
"De de!"

Autumn grabbed me and swung me around the room.

"Awe you said daddy! Say it again!"
"De de. De de de de."
"Well common we've gotta plan your big party for today! Your one year old! How about that! Lane is going to be here!"
"De de."
"No Lane."
"De de!"
"No your friend Lane! You silly goose!"

She carried me on her side to the changing table. She grabbed some pink tights and some boots with a rainbow shirt. She put the shirt on first, then the tights, then lastly the boots.

"Hmm... Missing something. Oh I know! Your tutu you got from Faith!"

She grabbed a blue tutu and a blue headband and put them both on me.

"Awe you look so cute! Well common your party awaits you."

She sat me next to my push mobile in the living room with a baseball game playing.

"Taylor is her birthday party planned yet?"
"Yep, well almost. I'm ordering a cake right now so hush hush." He squinted his face and motioned for her to go.
"Well okay royal party planner."

"Are you watching some baseball Leigh?"
"Hah be do!"
"Oh really!"

"Ding dong."

I'm starting to hate that door bell. It always brings Lane.

"Hey you guys are here early!"
"Well we do live next door, you know."
"I know. Lol."
"Autumn never say lol. Again. That's so 2013."
"Okay than." She waved her hand in front of her face then laughed.
"Lane go play with Leigh!"
"Wow Lane has gotten so big!"
"Well he is almost 2."
"Wow really!"

"Ca.. N I lay wit uo."

It sounded like he wanted to play with me, but I just gave him one of those empty stares not showing any compassion. I just kept on playing with my push mobile. I would wobble now and then but I think I would be walking before long like Lane.

After a while three other girls came in with men by their side.

"Hey Autumn!" Said Faith.
"Hey Faith and Boone! How was the honeymoon?"
"Amazing! It was so cool being on a boat with this girl." Said Boone.

Next the girl with blonde hair came through the kitchen carrying a big wide box. When it went by me it smelt like Christmas! She opened it up to look at the cake trapped inside.

"Looks good ally. Thanks for picking it up."
"Oh no problem. Smith went to get it actually. I guess he's upstairs in the play room with Taylor and Clark and Boone."
"Yes I saw him go up."

My mom called for everyone to come to the living room to pass presents to my mom. She opened up one by one. All which had clothes and diapers. None with that green paper. I guess they could tell she didn't want it.

After the party they all left. They left with the men. They must be sparkling with each other.
My dad carried me upstairs to my crib. He laid me down with my blanket. He wrapped me in it making me secure. He put all my new stuff in my closet. He shut the door but not all the way.

"I love you." He whispered.