Chapter 9 | 3 years

I woke up in my crib, like I always do. I have noticed that my feet could touch the end of the crib. I noticed this because I woke up with my feet stuck in between the poles. I tried to pull them out but when I did I fell backwards laying on my bed.

My mom came through the door.

"Hey Leigh! Why are your feet red..."

"Nothing..."

"Well anyway we have to get ready for your first day of preschool. We haven't been there since the open house."

"Lane."

"Yes Lane will be there. He's in your class actually."

She got me ready and my stomach started to feel funny. It wasn't a sickening feeling like when I got the flu a week ago, it was more like I was fixing to throw up in my mouth.

"Mommy."

"Yes?"

"Hurry."

"Where's your manners! Please? Can you say please?"

"Please. Hurry."

"Good."

We headed into the kitchen where in my high chair waited me a bowl of Cheerios. I took them handful by handful until there was none left. I then hopped down grabbing my bag and running to the car.

"Wait for me Leigh!"

"hurry!"

"Haha okay!"

I almost broke the handle to get the door open. I kept pulling at it till I heard a beep. It popped right open.

"Let me buckle you in."

"Hurry."

"Okay now stop really. We are going to get there. Don't worry."

"Hurry!"

"Ugh."

We pulled in under a brick building with a roof looking thing covering the cars that let the kids out. Every time a kid left out of the front car, the car would leave then the next one would pull up. Then it reached us. I got out and I noticed that my mom was waving. I did the same.

"Hello! What's your name sweetie?"

"Leigh."

"Oh okay here common, I'll carry you to your class."

She picked me up and placed me in a room with 5 other kids. One which was Lane, another which was the kid I met at open house and 3 other I did not recognize. I could tell they all were girls though.

"Lane!"

"Leigh!"

We both saw each other and ran up to let me play with him. We played vet, and I was the animal, and he was the doctor.

"You dog okay?"

"Okay."

The rest of the day was the best I have ever encountered. We slept in the middle of the day, and then we would learn about the alphabet. All I know is A and B.

"Leigh your mom is here."

"Bye Lane."

"Bye! Bye!"

I copied what my mom would always say to daddy on the phone.

"Love you!"

"What?"

"I love you Lane."

"Um. Then I love you too!"

"Yay!"

"Okay Leigh let's go home."

"But I don't wanna!"

"Come on you'll see Lane tomorrow."

"But morrow' is so far away!"

"Common."