FORTY EIGHT

48|THE TRUTH

"Are you wanting a cup of tea?" Celeste questioned, wandering into the main part of the store with only a thin blanket wrapped around her body. She paused when she spotted Charming in the store, her mouth opening in surprise as she tried to remember if she heard the door bell ring. "I'm going to put some clothes on."

"A cup of tea would be lovely, dearie." Rumpel chuckled at her awkwardness, calling out to her as she rushed back behind the curtain. "Sorry to hear about your wife and daughter. If you're looking for a retrieval, I'm afraid portal jumping is just outside my purview."

"Of course it is." Charming grumbled. Celeste wandered back into the main room dressed with two cups of tea.

"So what's the commotion outside?" Rumpelstiltskin asked civilly, taking a sip of his tea.

"A little stir at the border. A problem crossing the line. Didn't Bella tell you?" He glanced over his shoulder before looking at the pair, raising a brow at the woman.

"Do tell."

"Actually, I'm here to buy something. A way to find someone." Charming stated, avoiding the Dark Ones question.

"What? Like a map?" Rumpel said sarcastically.

"Something with a bit more kick." He continued. "Like the ring you have me to find Snow."

"That's so romantic." Celeste smiled, placing a hand on Rumpels shoulder and rubbing her thumb on his coat.

"Oh, yeah, magic." Rumpelstiltskin nodded slowly, relaxing his shoulders at his wife's touch. "Whom are you following?"

"Not telling."

"So do you have something of theirs?" He asked, starting to get annoyed at Charmings lack of context. "This missing person?"

"Yes."

"May I see it?"

"No."

"Boys." Celeste warned the pair, noticing the tension between them. "This isn't a pissing contest. Charming, you need to give a little context."

"It's fine, love." Rumpel smiled at her, chuckling at her choice of words as he turned around and opened one of his potion boxes. "Pour this on the object. And then follow it. So simple, even David Nolan could do it." As Charming reached for the small potion, Rumpel pulled it back.

"What do you want?" Charming questioned, remembering everything Rumpelstiltskin offered came with a price.

"Peace." He answered. "Leave me alone."

"What do you care what David Nolan does?" The Prince asked with a chuckle, feeling like he had one upped the Dark One.

"No, no. It's Charming I worry about." Rumpel said with a smirk. "I'd like a little non-interference guarantee."

"Fine. If you give me the same." Charming continued the negotiations as Rumpel let him take the potion. "You and I, we stay out of each other's way."

"Thank you for your business." The two men nodded in agreement before Charming began to walk out the store. "So, uh, what happened? When you try and cross the border?"

"Ask your wife."

"Yeah, about that." Celeste raised her hands innocently as he stalked forwards. "I got distracted!"

"Celeste." He warned her, trapping her up against the glass cabinets.

"You lose your memory of everything of our old lives." She explained, squeaking as he trapped her wrists above her head. "We're stuck here. You cross that line you become Mr. Gold again."

"Go to the back room." Rumpel growled with anger, letting her go and pushing her away. Celeste flinched as she listened to him destroy the glass cases around him. She tip toed back into the room, feeling the glass stab her feet as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Talk to me." She begged, pulling him closer as she placed her head on his chest. She rolled her ocean blue eyes when she remembered he had no heart, but the comforting sound she heard was enough for her.

"Cel." He sighed, calming his breathing as he slowly wrapped his arms around her. He lifted her up, carrying her away from the glass shards and dropping her on the bed. Rumpel lifted her foot, seeing the small cuts that littered her feet. He placed a gentle healing spell on her wounds and relaxed beside her on the bed, cuddling her close into his side.

"Please, why did you have those maps?" Celeste stroked his hair, holding close. "Please Rumpel."

And with her soft words, Rumpel properly opened up to her. He explained what really happened with his wife, his son and how he wanted this curse to find his son. That was till she got in the way. He forgot about his past when they got married, only saw a future.

Celeste disappeared and that light went with her. Now he had her back but also had the chance to find his son.

"I'm with you till the end."