SIXTY FOUR

64|DETECTIVE CELESTE

"Where are you going?" Celeste questioned, cuddling into the large coat as they wandered down the main street.

"The shop." He answered, placing his hand on her lower back to lead her across the road.

"Why?"

"Well, let's just say there are many wonderful things in there that I could use to make sure that pirate never comes near you ever again." Rumpel sighed with frustration, hating himself for not being there when she needed him.

"Rumpel, no." She stopped them from walking, looking into his eyes with a stern look. "We need to tell Emma and Snow. You're so close to finding your son. Please, don't let this awful pirate get in the way of that."

"But he tried to harm you." He finally broke, cupping her cheeks as he stared at her, worry swimming in his eyes.

"Why?"

"He's the pirate." Rumpel emphasised the word 'the', reminding her of a previous conversation they had about his last wife.

"I don't know whether to kill him or kiss him." Celeste pursed her lips in thought, beginning to walk again as she wanted to tell Emma quickly about the attack. "He is a dick but because he was a dick and Milah left you for him. And because of that you became mine."

"Your logic scares me, love." He chuckled, slipping his hand into hers as they continued walking through the streets.

"Stay safe." She kissed his lips as they stopped outside his store, not wanting to break apart. "I'm off to Emma, I'll be safe."

"I know, love." He sighed and unlocked the door, pushing it open and pausing as he saw the mess. "Hook. This is why he attacked you."

"To get you out of the store." Celeste scoffed, following him into the store, careful not to slip on the broken glass. "What did he want?"

Rumpel ignored her and opened the safe behind the destroyed painting, the cloak of his son missing. In a fit of rage he used his cane to destroy the rest of his store.

"Rumpel, stop." She grabbed the cane before he could use it to break something else. The sharp whack of the wood against her hand left a red mark, stinging as she tried to grab his arm.

"Cel, you're right. I have to retrieve what's mine." He breathed, the craziness of the situation going straight to his head. "Go to Emma, stay with her."

"Rumpel, let me help you."

"Please, Celeste." Rumpelstiltskin begged her, lifting her chin so he could stare deeply into her eyes. "At least let me know you're safe."

"Okay." She sighed, closing the space between them as a tear streamed down her cheek. "Stay alive."

"Here, I want you to take this." He tried to give her a gun, her eyes widening at the metal weapon.

"I would rather have a dagger." She grimaced, pushing it away from her. "I'll take this old thing."

"Thank you." He kissed her lips briefly before rushing out the store, leaving her to admire the strange dagger.

~~

"Emma!" Celeste ran into the apartment, almost in tears as she jumped on the woman, hugging her close as the blonde tensed. "It's bad."

"Bella?" Emma pushed the woman gently away and looked down at her. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"I was attacked by a one handed pirate and he stole from Rumpel so now Rumpel is on a murderous rampage and he wants me here to stay safe but I need to go. If he asks, I was here." She rambled to her, not knowing if she understood anything she just said. "I'll be back."

Celeste ran out the apartment after changing into comfier shoes rather than her funeral heels. Her thoughts were focused on going to the port, knowing that Hook would have come on his ship.

As she stood at the end of a peer, the sound of creaking wood and seagulls filled her ears. Glancing up, she gasped as she spotted a seagull landing on empty air, almost as if it was on a ship. She threw some sand down on the wood, finding an invisible set of stairs. Climbing carefully up the wood, she was shocked and impressed to find a whole pirate ship.

She sneaked down, running until she found a door. Creaking it open, she raised the dagger with expectations of someone being on the other side. It was empty. Or so she thought.

"Hello?" A muffled voice called out, startling her before she decided to investigate.

"Hello?" Celeste called back, slowly stepping towards what seemed like a makeshift chair.

"Down here!" The man shouted to her again, desperate for her help. She lifted the chair up and gasped when she found Archie alive and well. "Celeste? Oh, thank God."

"You're dead." She almost fainted at the sight of the man, very shocked to see him locked up in an invisible ship owned by a man trying to kill her and her husband. As she thought about it, she was not as shocked. "At least you were."

"Yes, I am." Archie said confused before gesturing to the ropes keeping him tied up. "Can you, uh, help?"

Celeste grabbed a sword, grinning at the size before slicing the rope easily, freeing the living man.

"Go. Find Rumpel and tell him I'm here. Bring him back to the ship." She ordered, rushing as she helped him leave.

"Wait, you're not coming with me?" The sound of footsteps above them caused them to freeze.

"Go, there's no time to argue." She practically pushed him off the ship before going back to find the shawl.