SEVENTY

70|BIRTHDAY

"Morning, Mary." Bella greeted the woman as she wandered into the main room, passing her a mug of coffee and some pain killers.

"What are you doing?" Mary Margaret ignored her and questioned her husband.

"Making breakfast." He said with confusion as Bella placed the coffee and medicine on the dining table.

"Why?"

"We're hungry." David gestured between him and Bella.

"You think I don't know what you're doing?" Mary Margaret sighed. "We talked about this. We had a deal."

"I know. But with the curse broken, I though maybe you would change your mind." He dropped everything to talk to his wife properly.

"Well, I didn't." She began to walk to the table to drink her coffee, spotting the two birthday presents. "What is this?"

"A birthday present." Bella answered, confused by what they were talking about. "Okay, since I'm cursed, do you mind filling me in."

"It's not from me." David replied to his wife before glancing at Bella. "Snow doesn't celebrate her birthday."

"No one else knows." Mary Margaret snapped back at him.

"Apparently, someone does." He said sternly. "And they also think you should celebrate. It was left outside the door this morning."

"And the second one is from me because I didn't know you didn't celebrate your birthday and it's marked on my phone." Bella justified herself as she accepted the plate of pancakes off David and sat at the table.

Mary Margaret reluctantly opened the random present, slowly lifting a silver tiara.

"I thought that was lost when the curse hit." David wandered over to his wife as she got teary eyed. Bella continued to eat, not understanding what was happening.

"So did I." Mary Margaret passed him the tiara and opened the letter that came with it. "Johanna?"

"I didn't know she was in Storybrooke."

"Neither did I."

"Should I ask? Or does not cursed me need to know?" Bella wondered, finishing off her breakfast.

"We will explain when you wake up." David smiled at the doctor before looking back at his wife. "After the curse, you were gone for a while. You know, we're all still finding each other. It hasn't been easy."

"I have to go." Mary Margaret grabbed the tiara and prepared to find this woman.

"Hey." He grabbed her and pulled her back so he could talk to her properly. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you for understanding." She kissed his lips and grabbed her coat, throwing it on. "You should go. It's getting late, you have to go to work."

"I know. I just wish this day made you happier." David sighed, smiling down at her.

"I know. But we both know it can't." Mary  said before rushing out the apartment.

"She didn't even open my present." Bella whined, shooing away the man so he would not be late for work while she cleaned up the kitchen.

"Stay safe." He smiled at her and left the apartment.

Bella turned the radio on, singing along to a mindless pop song as she cleaned the kitchen, hoovered the entire apartment and moped. After hanging the laundry on the indoor drying line, she decided to bake Mary Margaret a birthday cake.

Finishing off the small details, she placed the cake in the fridge and licked the bowl clean. Grinning like a child, she slumped back on the sofa and let the loneliness of life take over. A tear streamed down her cheek as she tried to remember anything from her so called non cursed life. She still could not get her head around it but of she believed in it, what could she lose.

"Emma?" Bella answered the phone, happy to hear from the blonde woman. "What's wrong?"

"We're on our way home, we need medical help. Can you meet us at the port?" Emma said quickly down the phone.

"Let me get dressed, I'll be there soon." She jumped up from the sofa and ran into her room, throwing on clothes and grabbing her emergency medical bag she always keeps on her.

Bella locked the door behind her and rushed into her car, regretting not driving more often as the gears grinned into use. She parked near Mary Margaret and David who had also just arrived.