SEVENTY NINE

79|A CASUAL DAY

"Sorry to interrupt the party." Charming apologised as he walked into the back room of the pawn shop, finding Celeste and Rumpel drinking together.

"Well, I certainly don't remember inviting you two." Rumpel replied sarcastically, turning to face Charming and Snow.

"We need your help." Snow White spoke up, a sense of worry to her voice. "Regina's missing and we think she might be in danger."

"Just the way I like her. Now, if you'll excuse me." He waved them off, wanting to go back to being with his wife.

"Rumpel." Celeste warned him, raising a brow, daring him to argue with her.

"I don't think so." Charming added, stopping the man from dismissing them. "Whatever your feelings are about Regina, you still owe me a favour."

"I'm sure I can whip up something to find Regina." Rumpel turned around to find ingredients from the cupboard, a smug smile making its way to Celeste's lips. "But tell me, why do the Charmings want to help the Evil Queen?"

"Because I owe her. After what I did to Cora." Snow said sadly, heart still broken.

"Never underestimate the power of a guilty conscience." He exhaled and picked up a vial.

"What is that?" Celeste asked curiously, leaning forwards to look at it properly.

"This is one of Regina's tears."

"Why do you have one of Regina's tears?" Snow asked him, confused by why he had such an object.

"Because I do." He smirked and stepped closer to the woman. "This spell, however, requires two tears."

"You want one from me?"

"Well, just think of a dark moment, dearie." Rumpel shrugged, stating at her intensively. "Something bleak and hopeless. I know you have a few." A single tear ran down cheek and fell into the vial. "Perfect. Now, when you drop this into your eye, you will be connected with Regina, wherever she is. Whatever she sees, you'll see. Whatever she feels, you'll feel."

"How long does this spell last?" Charming questioned the man with concern over his wife.

"Long enough to lead you to her." He stated, not properly answering his question. "And with that, I've fulfilled my end of the bargain. Good bye."

"Always a pleasure." Charming said sarcastically as they turned to leave.

"Keep me updated." Celeste called out to them and sipped at her drink. "So what are our plans for today?"

"Lunch at Granny's?" He suggested, taking the bottle of whiskey out her hands. "I'll buy."

"Obviously." She sighed, jumping off the desk. "Whenever I offer to pay you shoot me down."

~•~

Celeste happily are her burger, her nose twitching when she heard him chuckle at her.

"Hush, I'm trying to sober up. There's currently two Dark Ones in front of me." She grumbled, humming contently as she finished her large burger.

"I love you." He chuckled, pushing her cup of coffee closer. "Drink, before you go crazy."

"You're right, two Dark Ones would be the end of the world." Celeste thought about the idea deeply. "But two Rumpels and two holes."

"You worry me, dearie." He sighed, realising what she meant. "Drink the coffee before you regret saying something."

"Fine but I want lots of cuddles and kisses when we get home." She pouted as he wiped sauce off the corner of her lip.

"While we watch movies." Rumpel added, knowing how to please her. "With popcorn."

"And alcohol?" She suddenly perked up, wanting to finish their lunch to continue on the date.

"No more alcohol." He warned her sternly, smirking as he saw her pout grow. "Now hurry up, with have an eventful evening ahead of us."

"Fine, you go pay while I finish my coffee." Celeste sighed, waving him off as she sipped at the warm liquid. Her ocean eyes watched him, chuckling how he seemed so cold with everyone he spoke to but her. She glanced around, wondering why no one familiar was in Granny's during lunch hour. Had something happened?

"Celeste." Rumpelstiltskin called out her name, watching as she slowly turned to look at him, head spinning and vision blurry. "Are you ready to leave, dearie?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah." She giggled, stumbling to her feet and leaning on him as they walked to his car, seeming like a normal couple to anyone unfamiliar.