FIFTY EIGHT

58|PREPARING FOR THEIR RETURN

"Rumpel." Celeste entered the store with teary eyes. "I had a bad dream."

"Love." He opened his arms and let her hold him close, tucking into his body as she pouted. "Tell me what happened?"

"I dreamed about when I was locked up in Regina's dungeon." She explained to him, hearing a female sigh from near them. "I remember a man wanting to kill you."

"I'm alive and you're alive." Rumpel sighed, glaring at Regina while he stroked Celeste's long black hair. "Any change?"

"No, he's not improving." Regina answered, knowing he was now speaking to her. "He needs true loves kiss. He won't wake up until Mary Margaret comes back."

"Until? Well, that's rather optimistic, isn't it?" He chuckled at her optimistic wording.

"What are you talking about?"

"They're up against your mother. The only chance Snow and Emma have of defeating her is with the squid ink." He informed her, earning a punch in the chest off Celeste. "Sorry, love."

"Which is why you sent the message through David." Regina reminded him, glancing at the sleeping man.

"Which would be beneficial if we knew that message were delivered." Rumpel retaliated. "But, alas, given the princes condition, we don't know. As such, it's important we take precautions. We have to consider the possibility that when that portal opens, it won't be his family that come through. It'll be Cora."

"And neither one of us wants that." She snapped back, feeling guilty over the sleeping prince.

"We have to find where they're coming through, and destroy that portal." He suggested.

"But whoever came through would die."

"No!" Celeste yelled against his chest, the sound being muffled by his suit. "I know Emma and Snow will be coming through. I don't care how powerful this Cora is, they will win!"

"Celeste, not now." Rumpelstiltskin warned her with a dark voice. "Go stay with Mr. Nolan."

"Fine." She growled, glaring at him as she let go and stormed into the other room. Putting on the kettle, Celeste mumbled profanities to herself as she made herself a cup of tea, contemplating how she is going to get back at Rumpel. "I'm going to ignore him."

Henry walked over to her with the original storybook, glancing at her cup of tea curiously.

"You want me to make you a chai tea? It has cinnamon in it." Celeste offered and smiled when she saw him nod his head enthusiastically. She began to make him a cup of tea as he sat next to Charming, reading him his story.

"With on kiss, true love's power made everything right again." Henry read aloud. "But this was not the end of their story. It was just the beginning."

"I think this time, it'll happen the other way around." Regina said optimistically, ignoring the glare Celeste sent her.

"You think so?"

"I do." She leaned down with a large smile. "Which is why I need you to stay here and watch David for a little while. Keep Celeste company."

"Where are you going?" Henry asked curiously, sipping his tea Celeste had passed him.

"Mr. Gold and I need to prepare for Emma and Mary Margaret's return." Regina explained to him, glancing at the sleeping man. "Coming through the portal won't be easy. We need to make sure everything's in place."

"Really? You're really gonna help them?"

"I promised you I was going to do better, to be better." She reminded him sweetly. "So, yes, I'm going to do everything in my power to see to it they come home safely."

"You really have changed." Henry said filled with hope while Celeste stood behind him rolling her eyes.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Celeste followed Regina walked back into the main room with Rumpelstiltskin.

"You can't do this!" She argued, stopping them from leaving. "If you kill his mother and grandmother he will never forgive you. And if I find out you killed my two best friends, I won't hesitate to take that innocent boy over the line to give him a new life. You will be the town monster and you will be the second dead mother."

"Celeste." Rumpel tried to reason with her but she raised a hand, silencing him.

"They won and that's final." Celeste stormed back into the backroom, melting as she saw Henry's innocent sweet face. "How do you like your tea?"

"It's amazing!" He gleamed at her, showing off how he was almost finished.

"Would you be able to read my story?" She asked shyly, knowing her love story was messed up and still emotionally hurtful.