SIXTY ONE

61|STRANGE DREAMS

Celeste stumbled down the street, happy to be away from the party but angry at the fast affects of alcohol on her body.

"Cel?" A familiar voice called her name but her eyes were too blurry to focus. As she tried to talk her body fell limp, his arms catching her before she fell.

"I fear the Queen will never change." Jiminy Cricket informed the council as they gathered to discuss what they should do to the captured Evil Queen. "We must dispense justice."

"Agreed." Charming nodded to the cricket. "What are our options?"

"How about giving me five minutes alone with her and my axe?" Grumpy offered, glancing at the dwarves as he knew they would agree. "She's still restrained, right?"

"Yes. But the magic that we used to capture her will only keep her powerless for a short while." The Blue Fairy reported.

Celeste sat bored in her chair, regretting choosing to join the council as she had better things to do, like find her husband. She stared down at her empty ring finger, regretting letting Regina steal her last remaining hope.

"How about banishing her to another realm?" Granny suggested, glancing up from her knitting briefly.

"We can't." Jiminy denied her option. "It would be unconscionable to condemn another realm to the suffering that we've endured."

"Jiminy's right." Red agreed reluctantly. "She's our problem, and we have to deal with her."

"And only one thing is certain." Charming raised out his chair to fully address the council. "As long as the Queen lives, the kingdom is in danger."

"Are you saying..." Snow trailed off when she realised what her husband was suggesting.

"Yes." He looked down at her. "We must kill the Queen. Thank you, all."

"You really wish to stoop to her level?" Celeste coughed, the use of her voice still being fragile. Everyone paused from leaving to see what the Queen had to say. "I am leaving again, this time I may never return. At least I won't have blood on my hands."

"After what she did to you, wouldn't you wish her death the most." Charming argued with her, stopping her as she tried to leave.

"You're still just a farmer's son." She mocked, glancing over her shoulder with a smug look. "You will never be able to understand the game of thrones."

Celeste coughed as she sat up, holding her throat as she tried to breathe. Comforting hands held her shoulders, trying to steady her as she came down from her panic attack.

"Rumpel?" She questioned, relaxing against the man's chest. "I knew I would find my way back to you. I'm almost most vulnerable when I drink."

"I know, love." Rumpel stroked her hair out of her face. "Are you okay?"

"I dreamed about an old memory, a time when Charming was going to kill Regina." Celeste explained with a sigh, glancing up into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I know you just wanted to protect me."

"No, I'm sorry." He lifted her head up to face him, smiling as he saw her doe eyes staring up at him. "I should trust you more."

"I hate alcohol." She complained, laying back into his chest as she felt sleep take over her mind. "I also can't believe I missed Regina's execution."

"I was there, dearie." Rumpelstiltskin chuckled, laying her down properly on the makeshift bed and placing a blanket over her. "Funny how we kept missing each other."

"But at least we have each other now." Celeste grinned, closing her eyes as she curled up into a ball. "Until I kill you."

"I know you will." He stroked her hair, watching her as she fell asleep again, the exhaustion of the day taking its toll.

"Your Majesty." Celeste smiled up at the Queen of Hearts, giving the egotistical Queen a polite curtsy. "I have come searching for someone."

"Who are you looking for, dear?" Cora stared down at the emotionless Queen, smiling to herself as she knew another broken soul.

"Rumpelstiltskin."

"Have you not tried calling out his name?" The Queen of Hearts asked smugly, leaning back in her throne.

"A curse was placed on me, I cannot contact him through magic no matter how hard I try." Celeste explained, glancing around the strange Kingdom boredly. "Hence why I am jumping realms to find him."

"I can help you remove the curse and find the reptile." Cora offered with an evil gleam in her eye. "And you can pay me back when I ask for it."

"Deal."

Celeste awoke this time alone with the sun peaking through, her strange dreams running through her mind as she remembered the strange Queen who helped remove her curse. Although it did not work with her love being locked up, she at least knew she was free.