THIRTY FIVE

35|MORNINGS

Bella sat up in cold sweats, her fingers brushing her hair out of her face as she brought her knees up to rest her chin on them. One hand reached out and stroked the hair of the sleeping man beside her, waking him from his slumber.

"Bells?" He sat up, pulling her into his side as he rubbed her arm. "Are you okay?"

"I dreamt I was locked up in a dungeon in a large ball gown." Bella revealed, suddenly forgetting how awake she had felt while in his arms. "Regina was there, it was strange."

"Regina? You were locked in a dungeon by Regina?" Mr. Gold growled, becoming angry at what she had said.

"It was just a bad dream." She kissed his cheek, confused by his sudden behaviour. "I'm here, not in a dungeon."

"Sorry, love." He pulled her chin to face him, pecking her lips with a grin as she tried to deepen the kiss. "You need to sleep, you are working a sixteen hour shift in the morning."

"I hate when you're right." Bella chuckled, cuddling into his side as the pair lay back down in the large bed.

"So you hate me all the time?" She quietened his laughter by connecting their lips, rolling on top with a giggle. His hands grabbed her hips, pulling her body closer.

~•~

Bella woke up first, slipping out of his arms and taking a moment to admire the shirtless man beside her. A blush dusted her cheeks as she threw on her comfy clothes.

She wandered down the cold stairs, flinching with every step as the cool wood touched her bare feet. Throwing her hair up in a lose bun, Bella turned on the coffee machine and leaned against the counter comfortably. Her thoughts ran wild as she remembered last night, regretting not taking it further than a heated make out session.

"Morning, love." His smooth voice startled her as he entered the kitchen, fully dressed and smiling at her. His fingers pulled her chin up so she could see him, revealing the bright blush on her cheeks. "Would you like some cold water to cool down those not so innocent thoughts, dearie?"

"I-" Mr. Gold cut her off with his mouth, his hand snaking under her lose shirt to feel the silky skin. Sweet moans left her lips as he left open kisses down her neck.

The coffee machine beeped loudly, disturbing the two from their moment. Bella tried to pull back to get her morning coffee but he had other plans. His hands grabbed her thighs and sat her on the counter, closing the gap between them. Her fingers in his hair as his lips attacked hers.

"Gold." She pulled her face away, staring at him through heart shaped eyes as they both breathed heavily. "I need to get to work."

"Sorry, love." He said guiltily, sitting back and helping her off the kitchen counter. Mr. Gold poured the dark liquid into two mugs and passed her her favourite mug.

The main clock in the hallway struck eight o'clock, indicating Bella had thirty minutes to get to work. She grabbed him by the back of the neck and planted her lips on his, saying her quick goodbye before running out of the large but empty house.

"Morning, Richards." Delilah greeted the breathless woman as she ran to the main desk to clock in. "Have a fun evening? I hope you made the bed after spending the night twisted in the sheets."

"How do you do that?" Bella gasped with a laugh, knowing the woman was almost spot on. "Its like you are always watching me."

"You have hickeys poking out of your uniform." The receptionist winked, gesturing to her neck with her pen. "Besides, you were almost late for work."

"I hate you." She chuckled, grabbing her lanyard and schedule as she got ready for the day. "But I love you."

"Not as much as you love that damn pawnbroker apparently." Delilah called out as the doctor shook her head and walked away.

"Ah, Bella." Dr. Whale greeted her with a warm smile. "Ready for work? You're on the baby ward."

"Five hours being surrounded by babies? Of course I'm ready." Bella winked and followed after the man as the entered the baby ward. "You know how much I love children."

"It must be because you're a woman." He commented causing Bella to glare at his back.

"Its comments like that as to why you're single." She nudged him, walking ahead of him as they went to their first patient.