First Dances - Part 1

The sun peeks through the windows of the Blackpink dorm as an alarm blares, summoning Lisa to wake up. She lazily stretches and slaps the counter carelessly, relentlessly, in an attempt to grab her phone. She eventually prevails, and with struggle, she looks at the time and the single notification that's nested below it. It's an email, and it reads:

GMAIL

CEO Yang

Subject: Meeting Details

I have spoken to JYP, and we've settled the date. It's today at 12 PM. A car will be outside the building at 11:30, so please prepare yourself and head out by then. Don't be late.

She blinks, processing the information that has just been given to her. She checks the time: 9:27 AM. Reluctantly, Lisa pushes herself off the bed. Her feet drag as she pulls herself through her routine. Brushing her teeth. Showering. Selecting and wearing an outfit. Doing her makeup. And lastly, specially reserved for today, summoning the energy to get through this meeting.

As she lazily cruises to the kitchen, Rose greets her.

"Good morning!"

Lisa lets out a surprised yelp as she notices Rose, who's standing behind the counter.

"AHH! You scared me! You can't just stand there like that."

"Sorry~ I was just thinking about what to eat and I didn't necessarily expect anyone else to be up."

"Ha, you're good. But I don't think I am, considering what's today."

Rose remembers and her mouth forms a huge O as she replies. "You have that meeting for that collaboration, right? Are you ready?"

"I don't think I'll ever be, Rosie. But it's fine-"

Rose, straightforward, says, "Talk to me."

"I'm scared. What if I mess this up? What if this doesn't work?"

Rose walks out from behind the counter and places a caring hand on Lisa's shoulder.

"You have to try, at least. You agreed to this, so you have to push through it as much as you can," Rose advises, sincerity woven in her voice "If anyone can deal with this, it's you. And besides, think of it like this- you're getting an opportunity to collaborate with someone. That's huge!"

Lisa's eyes widen in shock. She hadn't thought of it like that. YG was really stringent on interacting with others, especially regarding those with the opposite gender. The fact they had let her break that restriction was huge. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all.

She checks the time on her phone again, and it reads 10:09 AM.

After a mere hour of scrolling through Instagram again, she comes across a familiar looking face.

Bambam.

Lisa shakes her head and tries to scroll past, but she fails to do so. For a solid few minutes, her eyes are glued to the screen, illuminated with Bambam's photo.

Why am I still stuck over whether he's THAT Bambam? Isn't it obvious he's not? Why can't I make up my mind?

Maybe I'll ACTUALLY get an answer now.

By the time she's finished with her pursuits, it's 11:15. Lisa grabs her things in a rush and heads down.

------------

Lisa slides into the car for her and sighs. Her heart is spinning as she imagines thousands of possibilities of what's about to go down. Breathing a little heavier than usual, Lisa prepares herself for the uncertainty about to come.

------------

Lisa thanks the driver as she gets out of the vehicle. A café covered in vines and mocha paint greets her.

With one last breath, Lisa heads inside.

She sees CEO Yang scrolling through something on his phone, seated at a table nestled in the coroner, and briskly walks over to sit next to him.

"Ah, I see you got here. Good. Make sure you pay attention, okay? We don't want you dozing off during something important... again."

"Yes sir."

A few minutes later, two men clad in sleek black hair enter and seat themselves across from Lisa and CEO Yang. The shorter of the two remains stoic until he meets Lisa's eyes and shifts to an almost imperceptible expression of cheekiness.

Lisa offers a small smile, in both confusion and properness.

Details are exchanged, but Lisa can barely focus on them. Most of the meeting, she's occupied with trying to avoid the guy in front of her. The guy she has to work with. "Bambam." He keeps adjusting his hair, combing through it constantly whilst trying to offer her a... sultry gaze?

Lisa shakes it off in awkwardness, and instead focuses her efforts on nodding whenever the gazes of the CEOs hit her for... "consent."

Lisa has barely absorbed the content of the meeting but she manages to deduce it to a few sentences: in two months' time, she and Bambam have to perform a specially-produced original song with a matching pre-choreographed dance for this collaboration. So basically, for the next 2 (or 3, depending on how smoothly production goes) months, she has to be stuck with Bambam.

I'm scared, Lisa thinks to herself, but this will settle the whole deal with this guy, right? And nothing will happen, so it's fine. I just have to finish this collaboration successfully, and I'll be done with him.

Lisa suppresses her frustration as she bows and exits the café. She slips into the car outside reserved for her, and just hopes.

Please let this go well. 

-----------

it's literally been so long but hi! hello! i'm grateful if you have continued to read this cause i've been a wreck and like ur support has been motivating me to start writing for this again~

i actually have a direction for this, so look forward to more! i'm not giving up on this book.

also yes i am aware got7 is not under jyp anymore (YAYYYY THEYRE FREE) but for this story, please consider got7 as a part of them still.

things will get juicier dont FrET!! this is just background info for what is to come ooooo~~~ 

anyways if you want more of this story, pls vote on this chapter and if you have any thoughts at all, feel free to comment! 

- love you all -

sunsh1nech1ld97