Thinking

"What do you think they're talking about?" Mingyu nudges Jungkook, who nudges Yugyeom somewhat aggressively. Yugyeom sinks in his seat. Jungkook pinches Yugyeom's cheek. Yugyeom slaps Jungkook's hand away. Jungkook winces a little and waits for Yugyeom's reply.

"Normal stuff. Obviously. And it seems to be going well." Yugyeom pouts in confidence and envy. He had pushed Jaehyun to get some insight. He should be fine with this. Yet... he's not. He's not fine. He wishes he was the one there talking to Rose and he wishes Jaehyun didn't get so close to her so fast. But he knows that it's better this way... going in slowly rather than messing things up due to hastiness. He believes that nothing substantial is happening. And besides- Jaehyun's a friend. He wouldn't fall for Rose like that, considering he knows Yugyeom has a crush on her. Yugyeom wouldn't hate him... if, perhaps, Jaehyun did develop feelings for Rose... but he would be torn. He would step away, pushing himself away into the shadows just as usual.

"Yugyeom, are you good? Your face is becoming filled with color again..." Mingyu widens his eyes as he places the back of his hand to Yugyeom's cheek.

"Yeah, and this time it's green~" Jungkook teases.

Yugyeom slides even further down his seat, slouching to the extent he could almost be a sack of potatoes. Jungkook rubs Yugyeom's shoulder, and Yugyeom visibly relaxes... temporarily. He takes a long sip of his coffee and stiffens again. The other two at the table eye him.

"It'll be fine. I'll be fine." Yugyeom utters, trying to calm himself.

-------------

Jaehyun sighs internally. He didn't expect to enjoy a conversation that was intended to help his friend. He didn't expect to want to talk to Rose more. He didn't expect to feel things... that he wasn't necessarily supposed to feel for Rose after just a single conversation.

After finishing up his extensive conversation with Rose, he waves bye to her and returns to his table. Before he leaves though, he scribbles a number on a napkin and slides it to her. As he sits down, three pairs of eyes follow him, glued to him.

"How did it go?" Yugyeom asks, a strained smile on his face. He didn't dislike Jaehyun, no, not at all- he was just stressed about losing the love of his life (well, maybe not the love of his life, but rather his love at the moment, which was deepening by the minute).

"We talked for a while, so I'd say it went well." Jaehyun looks out the window. "Honestly, I'm happy I got to know her a bit. She's really wonderful."

As those words escape Jaehyun's lips, Yugyeom feels himself internally decomposing. His inconstant swerving between static indifference and deep envy breaks him by the minute. He needs to leave. He doesn't want to hurt anyone.

"I think we should head home." Yugyeom says blankly, discomfort filling his tone. Thankful for Jaehyun's help despite his own emotions towards him at the moment, Yugyeom utters an earnest "thank you" to Jaehyun.

In response, Jaehyun shrugs and pats Yugyeom's back, replying with a simple "it's nothing."

The best friends part ways, each going on their own way, with or without their purchased coffees in hand.

Yugyeom is left alone, left alone with his thoughts.

Yugyeom sighs.

I wonder how Bambam's doing... I hope everything's going well with his collaboration. I really hope he can relax and have fun with this...

Ugh. While thinking about his project like this, I have to admit, I miss him. I really hope this concludes soon. He may be a brat, but he's still my best friend and I need him here next to me.

Yugyeom looks up to the sky with hope. He confesses something, letting the thought drift into the universe.

I hope Bambam can be himself again. I hope this will break his narcissism and bring him back.

-------------

Rose twirls as she heads home. Feelings of exhilaration flood through her veins. Jaehyun spoke to her. They had a full on conversation. She replays his expressions and responses from her conversation with him. She squeals, causing a few birds on the power lines to flutter away. She laughs lightheartedly at the sight, and then recalls a similar instance... a similar instance where she and Lisa were roaming the streets, hearts full of boundless happiness.

God, I miss Lisa... I hope everything's good for her right now and that Bambam guy isn't wearing her down too much. I just hope that she's alright, and that she doesn't completely hate this. I pray that she has fun with this. Lisa, stay strong...

Rose thinks to herself until the sky darkens and she's back at the dorm. 

--------------------------

OMG EVERYONE I THINK I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IM DOING!!! YYYYYAYYYYY!!! I hope you had fun reading this chapter as well as the other chapters and that you continue with my story! I can't guarantee the quality will be good (I phrase things weirdly at times okay-), but I can say that it'll be fun? 

anyways if you enjoyed this, you know what to do~ comment and vote!

i appreciate you all and i hope you continue reading! 

love you all,

sunny <3