Can't Get It Out of My Head - Part 1

"Chaeyoung-ah, don't tell me you're being serious," Lisa pleads. The fact that she had made a fool of herself and in front of that- that IMPOSTER BamBam- disheartens her. She feels herself sinking, but just as she thinks she has fallen for good, Rose places a grip on Lisa's shoulder, firm yet comforting.

Currently seated on a couch in the living room of their dorms, Lisa falls onto Rose's lap. Rose chuckles and then looks at Lisa's knotted expression.

"Lisa, I'm not sure of what I can do to help, but I am still here for you and will do anything to help you regardless," Chaeyoung squeezes Lisa's shoulder once and then pulls her hand away. She leans over and grabs something from the coffee table nearby and hands it to Lisa.

"Why did you hand me my phone?" Lisa takes it from Rose's hands carefully. A notification pops up on the screen. Lisa squints, and it reads:

GMAIL

CEO Yang

Subject: Private Meeting

Come to my office tomorrow at 10 AM. I need to discuss a few things with you.

Lisa gulps and turns her phone over, leaning over the couch and placing it on the wooden floor of the dorm. Rose glances at the screen as Lisa groans. Uncertainly, Rose says, "Explain what happened. He's not completely unreasonable. Besides, it's my fault for not keeping an eye on you. Literally, I got distracted and didn't notice you were out of my reach until it was too late-"

"Rose, it's my fault for drinking irresponsibly. What happened can't be changed.I have to own up to the consequences, so I need to go. Even though I really, really don't want to." Lisa groans again and rolls her head back.

Rose gulps and utters, "Good luck."

"Thanks."

————

That afternoon, Lisa approaches the door of the CEO's office with her nerves overflowing. Heavily breathing, she knocks on the door of the office. The sound of steps initiates a chain of panic in Lisa's mind. Before she has formed a coherent thought, a moderately tall man with slicked-back hair opens the door.

"Come in."

Lisa enters the room hesitantly and sits down. She gulps, looking around at the vacant office warily, as she waits. CEO Yang closes the door before returning to his seat across from Lisa. He takes out a file filled to the brim and simply removes one photo from it.

"We need to discuss this," CEO Yang begins, "What even happened?"

Lisa inhales and begins to explain, "The awards show we attended offered drinks so I took a few. Then I became drunk. When the awards show ended, we were heading back to the company cars. I was intoxicated, so I wandered off and ended up resting on the back of another idol. Specifically Bambam from GOT7, as he was the closest in proximity to me. I eventually got up and returned to the rest of the members. It was a weird awards show, if you think about it. Anyways, I understand this mess was caused by my recklessness, and I take full responsibility for it."

CEO Yang laughs and blandly says, "I have a proposition. I spoke with Mr. Park, the head of JYP, and we both came to an agreement as to what needs to be done to resolve this."

Lisa perks up. CEO Yang notices this and takes out a laptop. His face remains stiff as he unlocks it and turns it around to show Lisa something. An email, to be specific.

Lisa processes the information as she reads it aloud.

"'To remedy the current situation and to manipulate the publicity given, Lisa and Bambam can perform a stage together on Mnet at their next music festival, which is three months from now. People will change the narrative in their heads, as them performing will serve as an explanation for their behavior during the incident. If you agree with this, please reply to this email with a convenient date and time to discuss this further, preferably soon.' This is the solution? A stage?"

CEO Yang sighs and sternly responds, "Yes. I recommend you do it, otherwise your reputation may turn...ugly. People will start calling you outrageous things. You don't want that, do you?"

Lisa searches within herself for some point of rebuttal, but comes up with nothing. All she replies is:

"No. I'll do the stage."

Something in the CEO's eyes changes as she says this, making them look almost venomous and vitriolic. CEO Yang slimly smiles, "Alright. Make sure to mark your calendar when I send you the meeting date for further discussion of this. Good day."

"Good day."

Lisa steps out of the office and closes the door behind her, her heart beating ten times a minute. Their resolution is strange...instead of issuing an official statement, they decide to make them do a stage? Lisa shivers, thinking of the events ahead.

————

Later that day, the idea of having to perform with "Bambam" lurks in her head. Lisa groans as she rolls on the floor of the practice room. Her chest feels heavy, for more than one reason.

Rose peers over at her, notes of sympathy hanging over her chest. She sighs, "What happened?"

Rose extends her hand, and Lisa pulls herself up and stands. Rolling her neck, she prepares herself to tell Rose the whole situation.

"I have to perform with him, Rose. That's what the company said."

Rose tilts her head for a second, trying to process what Lisa has just said. Her mouth drops as she comes to the realization Lisa isn't lying.

"Seriously? Lisa, that's insane-"

"I'm serious! I have to dance with Bambam to clear my reputation," Lisa declares as her volume increases. Jennie and Jisoo break from their conversation once they hear Lisa. Instantly, they walk over and rush to Lisa.

"Are you okay with it?" they both ask, concerned.

Lisa rubs her arm anxiously and replies, "Yes."

"Don't lie," Jisoo mutters.

Lisa flails her arms and says, baffled, "No, I'm not okay, but that doesn't matter. I need to do this stage so I can fix my reputation." She pauses for a moment, stares at the ground, and focuses on Jennie and Jisoo.

Before she can speak again, Jennie states, "You'll be fine. It's just a stage, what can go wrong?"

-------------

helllloooo i'm back! pls check out the link in the about section on my page, as there is a lot of change that needs to happen and our voices are the catalysts of it. pls sign petitions for blm. for yemen. for junking the terror bill. and for so many more injustices. it's one of the easiest ways to help change the world.

anyways, i hope you enjoyed! part 2 coming soon~ pls feel free to send me feedback! i appreciate criticism. also, pls feel free to vote and comment on this. i love love LOVE reading your comments, as they warm my heart.

see you guys soon~ love you!

sunsh1nech1ld97