Close to You

Weeks had passed. Bambam and Lisa had spent countless practices together- some consisted of bickering, some filled with camaraderie, and some were majorly uneventful. They had broken the bounds of formalities not due to friendship but rather an odd relationship of heated acquaintanceship. They knew each other well enough, to the extent that they could (but wouldn't dare) be best friends. Nevertheless, progress had been achieved- their performance and track was rehearsed extensively, to perfection. Perhaps not to Bambam perfection, but at least to human perfection.

-------------

Now, they're on their last practices, days ticking away until the fateful day of their duo debut arrives and muscles moments away from collapsing. Practicing 'til their bones tire, the two push themselves extensively.

Especially during this practice.

-------------

The sky is dark, filled with clouds, as tension brews beneath the surface of the practice. Both parties are feeling various emotions, possessing completely conflicting behaviors and emotions. But despite the weather and the mood, the practice progresses.

Bambam and Lisa practice the lively choreography as they accompany it with their live vocals. Lisa brings out her range of facial expressions, embellishing the already dazzling performance. Bambam exaggerates his moves, refusing to be seen as smaller.

They hit every duet part. They get in sync with each other, as if they've always been partners in performance.

By the end of their third run-through this practice, the partners are out of breath. They both want to address the other politely, or at least semi-politely, as that's the best thing to do and something they would usually do, but it doesn't stop them from erupting into arguing, like a volcano who can finally exhale and rage upon the land. Today... is an irritating day, especially for Bambam.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT DIP?!"

Lisa rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. Bambam's trying to start a fight again, and she doesn't want to engage in it. The last argument they had was so silly it robbed her of a few brain cells, leaving her irked.

"I literally adjusted to what the choreographer suggested and your distinct remarks. What else do you want from me?"

I want you to be whipped for me already so then I can prove that I can get you to like me. But obviously, I'm not going to tell you that. You have to figure it out yourself and fall for my grand personality, cause it's too great.

"Your back was tilted too much. You bent like a dead fish."

"Excuse me?" Lisa huffs. "I bent less than last time. I think you need to get your eyes checked., cause you're the one who looks dead. I can see the bags under your eyes even through your eye cream."

Bambam visibly shakes and tilts his head. His shoulders stiffen and his expression shifts from surface level annoyance to intense botheredness.

"I spend my nights thinking of how I can be even MORE brilliant than I already am, so that's why my eyes are baggy, okay? I don't think you can tell, but I've been trying. And yeah, I guess I do need to check myself, but before you go worrying about me, you should worry about yourself, you... you dim bulb of unoriginality." A dissatisfied frown takes shape on his face. He's more bothered than usual.

Lisa scans his figure as she decodes his response. Did she go too far? Did he actually... care about this? Was he... confessing that he spent nights endlessly working on this... because he wanted to do well? Did he really care about performing, just like her? Was he stressed about this (and something more) and just exaggerating his personality and trying to cover up? If that was the case, she could understand why he acted like he drank perfume every day and would be willing to cut him some slack. She could already tell that there was something more to his constant egotistical nature, though she hadn't addressed it before- aloud or in her head. And especially today, she could also tell he was acting off. But regardless, she had tried to stay hopeful of the possibility that underneath his annoyingness he was...