Awards - Part 1

YG's finally fixed the quality of their chairs, I see. But they haven't fixed the quality of the air...gosh, I really wish I could rub my eyes, but I can't because of my eyeliner. Perhaps that can be my motivation to persevere...but I guess that's not the point here. We're at some awards show I can't remember the name of and are wedged in between an arsenal of females and a little cluster of almost, to be honest, prepubescent-looking guys.

Gosh, why can't we have food? We probably can- I just haven't found it. Sighing, I lean my head back. Though it's decreased drastically, my head is spinning from what I experienced at that grocery store. It was like... K-drama shit. LIKE HOW DID I END UP IN THAT SITUATION?!

I should probably stop boring over this and move on. The only reason I'm so hung up on it is that rude guy... seems strangely familiar...

—————

The stage lights bounce across the expanse of the platform as artists, lavishly decorated in makeup and exquisite fashion, waiting in anticipation to collect a trophy and honestly, some recognition. Many are whispering among their groups while some are doing who knows what elsewhere.

Specifically a certain black-haired pixie and his tall companion.

"You know what you're going to do?" Bambam leads Yugyeom from the bathroom doors as they head to their seats. In there, they had been devising a specified plan of attack and in case, a contingency plan to break their fall if they happened to fail the operation.

Confidently, Bambam, to demonstrate, flamboyantly traipses towards Yugyeom, their faces inches apart, as he meets Yugyeom's eyes and proclaims, "I've been looking for a diamond to own for a while, but now- you're the only one I want as mine."

"Bambam, I'm not sure that's how you attract a girl in the 21st century-"

"Hush, baby girl-"

"Baby girl?!"

"You know you're going to have to call her sweet things, Yu."

"I'm not ready for this," Yugyeom frets immeasurably, "at all." As Yugyeom spits out his last syllable, he takes a seat next to Bambam. Examining his surroundings anxiously, Yugyeom whispers to Bambam, "What do I say? I don't want her to think I'm a pervert."

"Bro- you're like an overgrown kid." Bambam bluntly admits. Yugyeom blushes, embarrassed, and pushes Bambam, a little offended by the retort that just came out of his best friend's mouth.

"How many minutes do I have until the Blackpink members come to sit?" Yugyeom inquires anxiously, the stress of the whole situation getting to him more and more by the second.

"Five minutes."

"Gah! I can't do this! I'm not a suave, sophisticated gentleman! That's you! I'm a mess! You know, ahgases are right! I'm still a baby. Literally, when she talks to me, she'll think I'm a dork. Hey, Bambam. Are you listening? REALLY!?"

Bambam, indifferent to Yugyeom's worries, glances at his watch and replies neutrally:

"They're going to come any minute."

As if their queue, the quartet appears, approaching closer as they walk towards their seats.

As they take their seats, they all greet the GOT7 members. Strangely, Lisa's facial expressions change when she sees Bambam, as her greetings seem half-hearted when she addresses him. When talking to the other members, it's all fine and good and formal. But with Bambam? That's a whole other deal.

Rose, without any idea, takes a seat next to Yugyeom and smiles innocently. Yugyeom's face heats up, causing him to turn away. After it dissipates, he returns to his former position and turns his head to look at Rose casually. Acknowledging his gaze, Rose introduces herself, "Hey! I'm Chaeyoung, or Rose, as I mentioned earlier. What's your name?"

Ignoring the reprise of the heat on his face, Yugyeom responds calmly, with a hint of nervousness:

"I-I'm Yugyeom, GOT7's maknae. Most people, e-even my bandmates, think I'm a child though, haha. I promise I'm not that troublesome."

"I'd beg to differ. You're cute, but you're most definitely not a child," Rose smoothly replies.

Yugyeom feels something within him, specifically, his heart, inflate like a balloon. The sheen of his contacts glitter a little more than before. Perhaps fate's in his favor after all.

------------

This chapter was short, apologies  ;-; This arc will most likely have a lot of parts, so watch out for that. Also, I apologize if the quality isn't as good. I'll work hard to make it better! Thank you for reading!

<3 sunsh1nech1ld97