An Undesirable Introduction - Part 2

Same disclaimers as stated in the previous chapter...Please enjoy and feel free to comment (preferable positively) and vote! Thank you so much!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they arrive at the store and walk inside, Chaeyoung drifts off to an aisle filled with various snacks.  Meanwhile, Lisa picks up a basket and roams the other aisles, gathering packets of frozen vegetables and instant noodles. I think this is fine- I mean, it's not like we'll be cooking that often with all the company meals we have to attend, Lisa thinks, exasperated from the packed week that had taken place. After collecting everything Jisoo asked her to get, Lisa heads towards the front of the store to check out her items. As she walks towards the register, she is greeted by a handsome stranger with deep brown eyes and messy black hair, bangs falling into his eyes.

    "Hello, I'm Choi Seungcheol. I'll be your cashier for today," The man speaks, earnest and polite in every word, "Just place your items on the conveyor belt. I won't take up a lot of your time." Looking down at the items as he scans them, he nervously smiles. Lisa waves her hand in denial, replying to his sweet introduction, "No, I'm not in a rush! Take your time, seriously!" Caught off guard for a moment, Seungcheol shakes his head and returns to his task at hand.

As Lisa sets a bag of frozen vegetables on the conveyor belt, she places her hand on one of the bags for support. Its slippery surface gives way for her hand to slip, propelling her forwards. Balance almost definitely lost, Lisa lets out a little yelp in panic. A pair of soft hands firmly catch her by the shoulders.

Glancing up with nervous eyes, Lisa tenses, rendered helpless under the gaze of the man who had caught her. Coughing abruptly, Lisa starts to apologize, midst her shock, "Oh my gosh, I really didn't mean to, it was-"

"It's fine. Don't stress." Seungcheol expresses with ease. The atmosphere is quiet as they peer into each other's eyes, unsure of how to proceed next with the situation. Seungcheol, equally flustered by the situation, releases his hands from Lisa's shoulders abruptly, allowing her to return to a normal stance. Scratching the back of his head bashfully, Seungcheol breaks through the silence by complimenting Lisa, his voice almost indistinguishable from the atmosphere, "Your eyes are really pretty, Lisa."

Lisa blinks, expression blank, oblivious to the meaning of the words that just came out of Seungcheol's mouth. Seungcheol resumes scanning Lisa's groceries midst her frozen state. As Lisa gazes at him, almost stuck in a trance, she hears a soft voice trying to call out her name. 

"Lisa-ssi, I finished scanning...you need to pay for your groceries..."

"Lisa-sunbaenim, you need to pay for your groceries..."

"Lisa-ssi?"

"I'll take care of it. Some people need to realize there are other people waiting and that the world doesn't revolve around them." An unfamiliar voice cuts in, shattering Lisa's daze. The voice continues, "Excuse me, I have been waiting for ten minutes and would really appreciate it if you hurried it up."  Quickly considering the scenario before her eyes, Lisa immediately responds, looking Seungcheol in the eyes, "Oh, sorry! I got...distracted. I'll pay now." Swiftly taking her credit card out and swiping it through the designated slot on the register, the transaction has been completed. Lisa grabs her bag and heads towards the entrance of the store. Just as she's about the leave, she overhears the unknown guy from earlier say a few things to the cashier.

"You know, is that even allowed? Like cashier-initiated romantic interactions? How much did she pay? This isn't a freaking maid cafe," the man pauses, nudging towards his pile of ramen, "Can you please check out my items a little faster? Thanks."