Chapter 14 - Stage Two

Time sluggishly ticks by as Kyle's left at the house alone. By this time, Josh has hooked up with Owen's team to scout the area and help keep an eye on his young protégé.

Up North, Justin and Preach arrive at these run-down backwoods looking motel. Highway 63 Motel is the interchange for Damien's operations in the Midwest. Justin doesn't realize that he's being sent into the next phase to cover Damien's tracks. Preach has orders to execute him once the job is complete.

"You're sure these guys are all undercover?" Damien asks again to his inside source.

"Yes, I'm certain I have more resources than you do, and you best remember that. I have a powerful position. Remember who saved your ass from spending a lifetime in prison when you were a local dealer on the streets of DC." The Angel King reminds his second in command.

"Sorry, my king, plans are in motion to clean house. It'll be dealt with, but most importantly, it'll draw him out. I want him for myself, though, with your permission. Bradshaw has been a thorn in my side for a couple of years now. I know how to torture him."

The Angel King ponders over the request. Before he gives his answer, he reminds Damien of the other plan that's in action.

"Granted, where is the other team to wipe out his loved ones? I almost had to give my cover away to get you this information. So, you best not fuck it up. You know how I deal with failure!"

"I have a few guys heading that way as we speak. Also, for Greg's failure to ensure who these three are, how should I deal with his punishment?" Damien asks, hoping to hear the answer he wants.

"Kill him, kill him and his entire crew. Failure is not an option." The Angel says.

Damien sits in his chair with a wicked smile on his face.

"Done, sir! After I handle this fool coming to me. I will personally see to Greg's demise."

Without another word, the call ends with Damien looking from his office over the floor at the operations. He watches as the deadliest batch to hit the streets is prepped and ready to be distributed. Angel King is too nervous about the feds making headway after all this time and uncovering his real identity.

All it takes to send the first part of phase two into action is a text with the code triple seven to his people in the Carolina area. Once the code is sent, they're dispatched to the leaked information hunting for Josh's family.

The clouds are patchy, with some sunshine poking through the holes in the sky. When the assassination crew arrives at the house, nothing seems out of place.

They pull up, remaining out of sight with weapons drawn. Right behind them, several full-size unmarked black SUVs with lights flashing pull up with federal agents rushing the stop team.

"FREEZE, FBI, DROP YOUR WEAPONS!" The leading agent screams as they surround the henchmen.

"Drop the guns, guys. You don't wanna do this!"

Out of nowhere, the five men sent to murder the family opens fire on the agents. The firefight escalates, with one of them getting away towards the house. Two agents chase after the suspect as he charges the house shooting at anyone in sight.

His approach is halted when he's met with a shotgun blast that comes by surprise when Momma C drops him.

"Don't no one ever come after my kids!" She shouts, holding the smoking gun.

"Lady, drop the gun!" An agent yells, pointing his gun at her.

Momma C does as she's told and gets to her knees with her hands on her head.