The start

It started when Clay was ten. Clay's father had been taking Clay home from school that day when a car had rammed into the side of their own. The crash quickly became deadly. All Clay could remember is screeching.

Clay woke up a week later in the hospital. It quickly became clear that something was wrong when Clay couldn't at first recognize his pregnant mother sitting at his bedside. Clay's panic kicked in as he would move away from her until she finally spoke.

"Clay, honey, calm down please!" The teary voice of his beloved mother was instantly recognizable to Clay. He stopped moving to let his mother hold his limp body as she sobbed.

"Clay, honey, I'm so sorry, so so so so sorry" She kept apologizing again and again.

"Mom, I think something's wrong" Clay quietly muttered, pausing her chanted apologies.

"What do you mean darling?" she quietly whispered brushing his ruffled blond hair softly back.

"I can't recognize your face... I think?" Clay said seemingly confused.

"I'll get a doctor honey, stay here" Clay's mother left the room quietly to talk to a nurse outside the room.

Two days later, Clay officially was diagnosed with Prosopagnosia. The cause was quickly linked to head trauma from the crash.

A month later he buried his father, no longer able to recognize him in the photographs the man was in.

Three months after that day Clay held his newborn little sister whom he would never see the face of.

When Clay turned fifteen, he discovered videogames. Clay discovered pansexuality then too.

Clay discovered they preferred they/them pronouns at sixteen.

Clay created their channel that quickly blew up, but never revealed they weren't cisgender or heterosexual, even to their closest friends.