Part 17

The drive took an hour and a half. Tommy had spent almost the entirety of that time singing along to songs his friends had made excitedly bouncing in the passenger seat as the phone blared out songs such as 'Your new Boyfriend' and 'Road trip'. The later seeming quite fitting as they had turned moments before onto the highway, at least Dream thought so.

Tommy had halfway exhausted himself by dancing in the car, before they pulled up into the driveway of a tanned home. They entered the small walled in front yard that led to the door. It was obvious in some aspects of the home that Dream spent money on letting his mom and sister live comfortably.

When Dream knocked the door was opened by a woman who was obviously their mother. The only difference she physically held from Dream was the darker hair and older age. Tommy shifted slightly to block part of himself behind Dream.

A crash was heard from behind Dream's mom as a blur rushed into Tommy. The blur was revealed quite quickly to be Drista. Tommy wrapped his arms tightly around the smaller girl holding her close as if it was all that was holding his splintering body together. Dream's mother 'call me Sarah, dear' ushered the teens onto the plush pale-yellow sofa. Once they collapsed, she retreated to quietly talk to Dream in the entryway.

Glances were spared towards the (PLATONICALLY) cuddling teens who seemingly were saturating in each other's comfort. 

"I just don't know what to do mom, I'm all Tommy has, and he is completely isolated here" Dream softly spoke, rubbing at their eyes that ached in painful exhaustion.

The woman's face set into a soft frown as she loosely wrapped her eldest closer whilst glancing at the young boy cuddled up on the soft. She knew her answer in that moment.

"DayDream?" she softly asked to the young person in front of her, pulling away to look into their eyes. The soft hum emitted from their throat gave clear they were listening.

"Remember the first few months after your father died? You were always getting thrown so deeply into panic attacks that your recognition skills got so much more messed up than they had been. I found out you were going to be a big brother. But what was hardest was that I was left with a traumatized child and another on the way, while only being a single mom." she softly ran her hand down their cheek guiding them to the dining room to sit down with privacy.

"It wasn't easy, you could barely cope with only myself that I had to start homeschooling you. The doctors' visits became a mess of therapy both for your mental and physical health. I still had to work, and you were almost always isolated to yourself." she softly wiped the tears that began to flow from their cheeks.

"When you could finally go to school again a whole two years later, you had to take the bus because I couldn't pick you up. You would have to walk to the daycare center to pick up your little sister. You barely had the chance to make friends outside of school, because I would constantly need help." she looked searchingly into the wet green eyes of her child. 

"I never truly knew what I was doing before your dad had to leave us. I certainly didn't know how to take good care of you after. However, I never once stopped loving you. I see how you look at that boy sitting in the other room with Drista, and how he looks at you. You looked at him with a look that every child has or should see from the parent. He looks at you Dream just like how you used to look at me." Her own eyes began to tear up as she cupped her child's cheeks between her hands.

"No one ever truly knows what they are doing, but they find that love. Dear goodness darling, do they sure hold on tight once they got it."

A/N on a less serious note from the story, I have started streaming! If you are ever interested in watching just look up MoonPhaseHidden_