Part 16

Tommy did not remember getting tucked into bed, but when he woke up the next morning to Patches curled up next to him, he smiled. His dad's death had been something he grew up knowing would happen sooner rather than later, but the pain and emptiness still resided.

Now over the initial shock, he felt much better. Tommy got up before also picking up Patches who seemed content to curl into Tommy's arms that were covered by an old hoodie, he stole from Dream the previous day.

Patches loved the scent of both her favorites together on just the younger currently, but also seemed to heavily appreciate the soft warmth he radiated.

Tommy entered the kitchen to find Techno's bags collected nicely by the side of the island, and both Tech and Dream quietly talking, a warm drink in both their hands.

Tommy slowly bent down letting go of Patches who instantly wandered over to the small nest of blankets left on the couch from the previous night. Shrinking into himself, Tommy shuffled his feet over to Dream pushing his heavy head into the elder's shoulder.

Dream gently wrapped their arm around the boy softly pulling him into their side. They glanced down at Tommy before looking at Techno. They placed their slowly cooling cup of tea on the island counter to their left.

Dream softly laid the blond boy on the couch shaking his shoulder slightly so he could say goodbye to Techno.

Tommy soon fell back asleep curling into Dream's hoodie further than before.

Tommy was awoken an hour later at 10:35 am. By Dream softly shaking his shoulder. They had seemingly finished waking up in the past hour. Their hair sat in loose waves down their body. They wore a comfortable outfit of sweatpants and a loose tee. It was obvious wherever they were going Tommy was fine in his own slightly too big hoodie and loose pants.

"Come on bud, we are heading out. I packed a few of your things because we plan to stay the night, maybe a few days. Let's go babs." Dream spoke softly to the boy who looked back at Dream.

"Patches?" Tommy asked softly reaching for where the cat had been.

"In a carrier in the car, mom loves that cat and would be very upset if we left her." Dream chuckled before leading the boy to where his sneakers sat by the door to the home. When they went to the car Tommy saw two duffel bags and an extra backpack or two in the backseat of the car with Patches's carrier. Tommy was ushered to the passenger seat before Dream swept their hair and bangs off to the sides and out of their face.

It was time for a trip.