Part 12

The 24th of December began with a phone buzzing at noon. Dream and Tommy had stayed up till 6 am Christmas eve watching every Christmas movie they could find.

They quietly got up from bed to glance into Tommy's room. Finding the boy still fast asleep, they texted Techno and sent an Uber. They would have gone to pick the man up, but leaving Tommy alone right now felt wrong. They got to work on a filling snack, so Techno had food when he arrived, and the two residents could eat something.

Dream knew they probably should have told Tommy that Techno was coming, but they wanted the boy to have some joy when his own parents were miles away.

Dream heard a soft knock at the door thirty minutes later, at the same time they could hear blankets shifting as Patches likely woke Tommy up.

Dream rushed to smooth out the simple sweatshirt, skirt duo they had thrown on and toss their messy braid. They called to 'Tommy to wake up, they had a guest', as bare feet slid across the floor to the door.

"Hey! Come on in, Tommy's just getting up, cause we stayed up way too late last night watching movies. Are you okay sleeping in Tommy's room? If not, I can set up the coach for you, or I can sleep on the couch while you take my room." Dream rambled whilst watching the man push his own long pink dyed hair away from his eyes. Dream tried to focus hard on the pink hair, trying their best to remember that Pink meant Tech.

Creaks in the hallway alerted Dream to the teen finally coming out of his room, they turned to focus on the recognizable red. Tommy loved the color and clothing in it, which greatly helped Dream to find him knowing that red was their brother.

A deep intake notified Dream that Tommy saw and recognized their guest, as they stared at the floor to give the moment space. When Dream looked back up after a solid 'THUNK' Techno lay groaning on the floor, teen boy curled on top the man. Patches came over to sniff the floor duo as Dream laughed.

After the adults finally got Tommy to uncurl from a top Techno, the three entered the kitchen.

"I forgot to mention, but Phil and Wilbur wanted to do a group call today if you wanted Tommy. They don't know that I'm with you right now, but I told them I'd try to reach out to the gremlin." Tech said softly to his little who had yet again curled into Techno.

Tommy softly nodded as Dream smiled at their boys. 'Not yours' Dream had to remind themself, 'Tech is only here for Toms and Toms is only here due to the pandemic'. Dream frowned shaking their head looking down, their gaze met Techno's when they looked back up.

"Hey, Dream, can you grab me my laptop? Tommy seems like he won't let go." Techno said smiling softly at the taller person.

Dream nodded softly pushing themself off the couch to go to the bag Techno had left in the corner of the room. They riffled through the bag to find the laptop that sat in the back. Dream brought the computer back curling up slightly into Techno's other side, the restless night's sleep and late-night catching up to them.