Part 15

"Tommy" His mother replied shortly once he had picked up.

"He is dead." She finished before hanging up. His breath caught strangling him.

The words rang through his head. He...

Dream slid the phone from Tommy's loose grip. He choked on a sob and finally broke.

Tommy clung to Techno as Dream turned on their phone. Dream left the room phone already to their ear.

Tommy cried till he was no more than hiccupping, Deam's yells over the phone could still be heard. Until it, all stopped.

Dream walked into the room sighing as they rubbed their head stress showing over their face.

"Tommy, honey can you look at me?" Dream softly asked the hiccupping boy. Tommy hiccupped as Dream led him through calming down. He felt dizzy and disoriented but felt he could breathe.

He clung to Dream tightly.

"Dad- he- he's gone... I miss him, I want my dad back Re- Dream" Tommy choked out clinging to as much of Dream's loose tee and hair as possible.

"I know hun, I know, Tech has to leave tomorrow for some stuff, but I promise we will go somewhere I think you'll like afterward" Dream cooed to the boy. Tommy didn't feel like his usual self at that moment. He was a little boy in his parent's lap getting comforted over a scrape. He felt safe there curled into Dream like it was the only place left and safe. He tightened his grip on Dream, choking on sobs that refused to come out. He had Dream, but he wanted his Dad.

"I got off the phone with your mom. She isn't doing too well handling the grief, bud. I think you may end up staying here longer than just this pandemic..." Dream softly said to the boy, softly wiping away the tears that streaked his puffy red face. Tommy choked again at that before his cries suddenly quieted, he had fallen asleep in his Ren's lap, finally safe, finally home.