Part 19

To say that Tommy was embarrassed post breakdown was a major understatement. He had just had a severe breakdown with his Ren in front of people he barely knew.

Tommy curled deeper into his Ren's chest clutching at the soft light green tee-shirt material that sat loosely on Dream's torso. Rubbing his face deeper into Dream's shoulder seemingly trying to rub the right side of his face bright red. Pressing the stitching pattern of the shirt into his face leaving small indentations where each stitch rose.

In turn, Dream curled up slightly tighter around their boy. Slowly they unfurled their leg to sit straight in front of them. Then softly began to brush the blond boy's hair finding every small knot and tangle before revealing it with their fingers, till hair softened and smoothed to a pre-breakdown state.

Slowly but surely the two released each other, with Dream's anxiety calmed along with Tommy's own. They didn't seem to have the ability to fully separate.

Patches began to slink over to the group, seemingly searching for what had caused the commotion before. She leaped into the still curled-up pile that was Tommy and Dream.

Her nose pushed up Tommy's chin that he had begun to push into his own chest.

Patches seemed truly content once Tommy let out a wet and weak laugh that seemed to be heavily choked between his diminishing sobs.

He curled into the cat as Dream's mom kneeled to rub Dream and Tommy's back softly in calming circles working to slowly untense their muscles.

Drista walked out to grab water bottles for both boys from the fridge. Having sadly become used to Dream's post breakdown state. Where her older sibling couldn't tell who anyone was and more than once accidentally told her something they meant to tell mom, knowing they couldn't at all tell the difference between the two at the time.

Their throat would be sore and raw from the choking on air while their eyes felt irritated and dry. Their head would ache while they would feel too tired to do anything else.

She brought the two bottles of refrigerated water over, helping Dream to take small sips as her mother helped Tommy do the same.

Dream slowly began to let thoughts drift through their mind. Finally, they settled on one thing, they had to tell Tommy.

A/n: there are so many of you now annsjdkajqod why have I reached 455 followers was not expecting this but I love y'all <3<3