Fourteen -. 22

•°•[OMNISCIENT]°•°
★★______________________________________★★
HE watched him sleeping for close to an hour, wondering if this is what they were doing to each other. He couldn’t exactly blame Fire seeing as he was also being unfaithful but that didn’t make it hurt any less. The thought of sharing infuriated him – so much that he found himself grabbing his car keys so he could pay this Loyiso guy a visit. Of course he knew where he stayed. He’d followed him once for times like these. He kissed Fire’s cheek then forehead before leaving. He wasn’t about to allow anyone to get between them. In his car, his phone rang. It was the ever so annoying Jamie. The boy was only around because TJ liked fucking him and liked that he wasn’t close to Fire in any way. Chances of the younger finding out about them were slim.
“I said I’ll call you,” TJ spewed when he answered.
“It’s been a week TJ. I miss you,” Miro whined.
“You’re not supposed to miss me. What’s up with you?” TJ asked as he started his car.
“I’m not... Know what, it’s fine. Should I keep on waiting?” he asked.
“Yes,” TJ answered and hung up.
Loy wasn’t too surprised when he showed up. He was chilling on his veranda while sipping on a can of Heineken, top less.
“You really don’t mind risking your life, do you?” he asked casually while looking at the lighter male who was fuming.
“It’s actually funny how you were too chicken to approach him before he was with me and suddenly have an interest now that I’m in the picture,” TJ began.
“Sit down,” Loy says, much to TJ’s annoyance.
“I’m not doing anything. I just don’t get why you’re pursuing him now when you’ve long been friends with him,” TJ said.
“I’m not pursuing him,” Loy casually said. He took a blunt from the back of his ear, put it on his mouth then lit it. “I’m also not surprised you’re here. Why does it matter what he’s doing and with who? Aren’t you busy with that white boy and those two bitches from your class?”
“Stay out of my business!” TJ hisses.
“Stay out of mine boy. The only reason Fire is still with you is because he doesn’t listen to hearsay. You might think you’re smart now but you’ll know me well if you ever break his heart,” Loy said then took another puff of his blunt while staring blankly at the boy towering over him.
“I’m not scared of you,” TJ said.
“You must be,” Loy retorted. “Now get out of my yard before I fuck you up”
With a click of his tongue, TJ retreated. He was mad alright but he found he had no reason to be. Yet it was still hard of him to let go of the others and choose Fire. He knew Fire was who he wanted to be with but monogamy just wasn’t for him. He didn’t think he’d manage.
He found the boy sitting on his bed while scrolling through his phone. Fire looked up when he heard the door close and clicked his tongue.
“Where are you coming from? And why bring me here if you’re going to leave me sleeping?” Fire spewed.
“I went to that Lil boyfriend of yours. The one you’ve been spending so much time with,” TJ said. He was too exhausted to lie about it. “He didn’t even deny it”
“I don’t have any other boyfriend. Loy is just my friend as is Syd and Ludi. I don’t get why it’s now a problem,” Fire said.
“You don’t get it?” TJ said and scoffed. “I thought you didn’t cheat”
“I’m not cheating on you TJ. Why are we having this conversation again? Just because you’re doing it doesn’t mean I am. I’m just going to straight up say that if I catch you, we’re done!” Fire said. “it won’t matter how much I love you because –”
“You... You love me?” TJ interjected. His eyebrows were furrowed and he couldn’t believe the confession. He knew the younger meant it and it somehow stirred a warm feeling in his heart and had his stomach feeling tingly. “Say it again”
“I love you. Why would I be with you if I don’t?” Fire questioned. “Don’t you love me?”
“Well I... I mean, I do. I... I love you,” TJ said. It felt good confessing that and he had no doubt in his heart or mind that he meant it. “I love you and I want to be with you”
“Then get rid of your hoes before I find out. I’m only telling you this for the last time TJ! You can’t have both. It’s either me or them,” Fire said and focused back on his phone.
“Babe, come here,” TJ said with his arms opened. He hated how things were between them. The two boys both had something to hide and neither were willing to come clean. TJ was scared Fire would leave him while Fire feared the guilt getting the better of him. The younger put his phone away then stood, walking towards his boyfriend. He sighed into the embrace.
“I’m sorry. We going to work this out,” TJ assured.
“Why are we fighting this much though TJ? We need to establish trust in our relationship or it won’t work,” Fire said. The two still held each other tightly. “And you need to stop spending so much time with him. I don’t want you around him when your other friends aren’t there. I saw those swollen lips you tried hiding with lipstick. I’m not stupid. It’s why you didn’t want to kiss me.”
Fire froze momentarily. He gulped, not knowing what to say. He wasn’t much of a liar so he decided not to reply.
TJ broke the embrace and put his thumb on the boy’s chin so he could get him to face him. He leaned in and kissed him, not caring that the lips were on someone else. Fire was reluctant at first but he did give in and even allowed TJ to pick him up. They went back to the bed, TJ laying Fire on his back then hovering over him but without breaking the kiss. He put his hand under his t-shirt, feeling the younger boy’s warmth who shivered at the touch of his lover. Fire however found Loy’s words screaming in his mind so he broke the kiss. ‘Don’t give it up yet’
“What?” TJ asked. “ Uhm, I don’t think I can,” Fire said.
“It’s just a kiss and I always touch you. I’m not going to do anything to you,” TJ assured.
“I know but I... I can’t,” Fire said. With a scoff, TJ got off him and laid next to the boy on his back. “And I was thinking we exchange phones for a, week”
“Whatever,” TJ said. “I know you have two,” Fire stated. The older opened his eyes and turned to face him.
“How do you know that?” TJ asked.
“I got bored here. You even have a roster,” Fire told him.
“That’s... It’s old. It’s something I made way before you. You can’t he going through my stuff Fire, you don’t get to do that.”
“I’m sorry,” he apologized.
“It’s fine. You can have both of them,” TJ said.
******
“Babe, this can’t go on any longer,” Lerumo said while giving her a cup of mint and honey tea. She was laying on her stomach, tears cascading down her cheeks. It had been a week but it still hurt. She felt like ripping her heart off her Chest and throwing it away. What reason did she have to be alive or was it for the pain? She hated it. She hadn’t said a word since they’d left the hospital and Lerumo had no idea what else to do. “I’m calling your mom”
“Don’t,” Sisi croaked out. Her voice was hoarse and strained. “Don’t call her”
“I don’t know what to do babe. I’m hurting as well. I was –”
“Don’t... Say it. Just... Leave,” she said and took a sip of the tea. No one could understand her pain anyway. They all thought she didn’t get hurt. The only person who could make her feel better wanted nothing to do with her and all Lerumo’s presence did was vex her. She wanted to chase him out but didn’t have the strength. All she could do was cry – cry until she fell asleep then wake up and repeat. It was her routine which had her feeling lifeless like a dead corpse walking. She didn’t understand where it went wrong. She didn’t even want to think about it. All it did was infuriate her and leave her feeling like she could kill herself or something, any thing to make the pain stop. She felt it whenever she was conscious, feeling the stab in her heart which was piercing and excruciating. It got worse with every second the damn organ beat.
“I’m going to call the therapist. Things can’t go on like this,” Lerumo said and tried walking out.
“We weren’t together. The only thing that tied us together is gone so you can quiet pretending and leave me alone,” Sisi said. Her hands were shaking as she put the tea on her bedside counter then reached under her pillow. She pointed the.   . 22 at him. “It’s your fault. You’re the reason it didn’t work out. Your... Your sperms... There’s something wrong with them”
“You’re not thinking straight, you’re hurting,” he said. “Stop!” she fired and he groaned. She’d shot him right on the crotch. “It’s not working, right? I hate you!”
She fired again at the now kneeling man, the bullet hitting right between his eyes. She put it back where it was and laid back on her bed, closing her eyes so she could nap.