SEVEN - Drunk

•°•[OMNISCIENT]°•°

★★___________________________★★

THE PARTY was something for the two best friends to look forward to. Ludi found it as a distraction from everything going on in his life. He had to come to terms with his fallen friendship with Syd and it was taking a toll on him. They'd never gone more than a day without talking, let alone not seeing each other. Not being in the same class kind of made it easy for them to ignore each other. When Ludi did bump into Syd; totally unintentional, the taller only clicked his tongue and pushed him from his path. It hurt Ludi and it took him a lot not to cry. He didn't want to seem weak even though he was an emotional being. Now it was a day before the party, a week after the incident. The boys were going to the salon to do their hair while April would check on the cake among other things. Usually a trip to the salon wasn't just about hair for Fire. He liked having his nails groomed, going for a manly manicure and pedicure. Ludi on the other hand wanted some colour, not caring much how anyone will react but would definitely wear gloves at school just to be safe. He was past the bullying stage, something that came with having Loy, Fire and Syd as friends.

" We also wanna go," Robyn said while patting her eyelashes to her brother. Fire looked at the girl, knowing damn well the eyes won't work on him because he wasn't their dad.

" We not leaving with little girls and last time I checked, it was my party," Fire said and she pouted as tears clouded her eyes. She was a baby like that, perks of being the last born. " It wouldn't cause any harm Saphi. Look at how sad she looks," Ludi said because he was that gullible.

" They're staying behind to help dad with final touch ups. You can't buy into those eyes Ludi now let's go," April said, already walking out. The two boys followed her to the truck which was parked by the front door. She started the car immediately after they got in. It was nice and after they were done, it's when Fire felt they were going to have a good time. He'd already spoken to Loy about the weed who was also promised to bring space cookies. They were for the pool party, having organised a lifeguard just in case things got messy. April bad thought it through, of course not having an idea of drugs being there or even alcohol. She thought they were kids and therefore wanted them to keep it safe but it wasn't like she was going to monitor them.

His phone rang when they got back into the car; looking dapper and fresh with Ludi taking plethora of pictures and videos. He was definitely posting them, always spamming his socials.

" I'm gonna be like you from midnight! can't wait," Fire said before answering his phone. It was a face time from Mimi who he'd been chatting to since the parking lot meet. It was the first time since then that the two would be 'seeing' each other. " Hey Yeon"

" Lil Flame, you good?" Mimi said, making the boy roll his eyes. He hated being called little. " What did I say about calling me that?"

Mimi just brushed it off with a chuckle, making the younger huff in annoyance. " You'll get used to it. You look beautiful Lil nigger, those cornrows suit you. You all pretty, TJ will be blown off tomorrow."

" Did you have to mention him? I hate him!" Fire grunted and she laughed, knowing how persistent her brother can be and not blaming the boy. Mimi was surprised he hadn't begged for Fire's number yet. " I'm sorry babe, wasn't tryn'a ruin the moment. Are you excited? Have the outfit and everything ready?"

That got Fire flowing like an opened faucet, telling her everything from the décor to tomorrow's surprise outfit. It was good that his birthday was right on the day the party would be held. He always looked forward to them like he'd never had a party, mostly loving the part where he'd get gifts. He knew it'd be a phone upgrade from his father and consent to FINALLY be on social media while his mom always surprised him. Most of the people who RSVPed, mostly kids from school and from dance would cash app him or give him gift vouchers. They were going to have about twenty five guests excluding family and adding that would be around forty five because they were a big family. Not everyone came but they always sent him some money. They had arrived home when he was done with the call. Mimi was slowly becoming a part of his life and the weird part was that she was his first female friend.