FOUR- Fire

•°•[OMNISCIENT]°•°

SAPPHIRE was excited that he was finally well enough to be back at school. He had missed a full month and thought of the many people who'd missed him. He did receive a lot of texts and calls from said people, telling him how much they miss him and how they can't wait for him to come back. He also couldn't, missing them just as much and especially his girlfriend. Alyssa and him had been together for about three months, the two having been great friends before then. Fire wasn't one to jump into relationships, liking to know the person first before they started. He also wanted the person to know him so they could establish a foundation of trust, honesty and communication. He was also loyal, which was rare in their generation and especially for a teenage boy. Tapping his foot down and up in a rhythm, he waited in the living room so his father could finish whatever he was doing. His mom had left first to drop off Retha and Robyn at school, who are his little sisters and went to a different school. Private to be exact. He'd finished his breakfast and even replied to all texts he's received, his friends looking forward to seeing him after so long. Of course some visited in hospital but it wasn't the same. 

“ Finally! You take longer than April,” he complained when he came down the stairs, the man fixing his tie before acknowledging his son.

“ What happened to mom?” he asked and Fire just blew a raspberry, standing up with his leather backpack on hand. He put his phone inside it and fixed his school shirt. 

“ Can we go? I don't wanna be too late you know. I gotta smoke and stuff,” he mumbled and his father rolled his eyes. 

“ Sure. You have everything? ” he asked and the boy nodded, watching his father grab his car keys then walk out. He followed after him, glad that they were finally leaving. The drive to school was too long or maybe only because Fire was too eager. The only thing he didn't miss was the learning but he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss his principal and a few of his favourite teachers.

“ You have a good day Lungi and don't forget to give Ms Williams that doctor's letter. I love you sob,” his dad said. “ Yeah, love you too.”

He hopped off the car with his bag, almost hurting his arm which was in a cast. He was too damn excited to care and he wasn't the only one. His friends had been waiting for him, giving him a group hug when he turned which he was happy for. It wasn't a big group; only four plus his girlfriend. Sometimes his niggers girlfriends would join em but it wasn't all the time. They all dapped him up, giving him a welcome gift with a satin banner  written ‘welcome back’. It was the kind you could wear so he put it over his shoulder. He was definitely wearing it through out the day. It was black and written in silver cursive. “ Thank you guys.”

“ Can we sign your cast now?” Ludi asked and they laughed. He'd been his best friend since kindergarten. He was the reason Fire came to this school because the two had never been apart since then.

“ Uh, only you cause you have a nice handwriting ”

The rest laughed at that, everyone happy to have their friend back. 

“ So what did I miss?” And everyone quitened at that. He also wondered where his girlfriend was so he spoke up. “ And where's Aly?”

“ We don't know. She's just been...scarce.”

It was confusing to Fire because the girl had kept in contact with him, sending good morning and evening texts and video calling him whenever she was back from school. What did they mean she'd been scarce?