the child that didnt come home

So this is angsty, it's in real life and the sleepy Bois are family but a war started and they took Tommy and Tubbo. I think you can tell what comes next

Tommy was 18
Tubbo is 19(only older than Tommy by 11 months)
Wilbur's 21
Techno's 21
And Philza is 36
————————————————

(Philza POV)

Me, Techno, and Wilbur stood in the airport. Wilbur was standing on his tippy toes, using his height as an advantage, searching for the missing pieces of our family that had been away for two years.

I still remember the day they came to our house, demanding we send at least two of us to the war. I still don't understand how they decided that the two youngest should go, but they did. Techno had started shouting, a rare sight, and would have attacked the government people if Tommy didn't hold him back. Wilbur looked like someone had hit him and blankly stared at the government agents before he wordlessly went up to a sobbing Tubbo and hugged him tight. Oh Tubbo, he was sobbing so hard and looked so terrified at the mention of going to fight in a war, Tommy however was seemed emotionless, like he had seen this coming and already accepted that he was going to war.

So now we are at the airport, waiting for the two boys to show themselves. It didn't take long before Wilbur took off, me and Techno following.

When we stopped we were met with Wilbur clinging to Tubbo. He had grown, his hair was shorter and he had a scar just above his ear, the most noticeable difference was his eyes however. Not only did they hold huge bags they looked frightened, like someone would jump out at any moment and kill everyone. I couldn't see the boy I raised in those eyes.

I didn't let it deter me and I wrapped my arms around him, Tubbo almost immediately nestled his face into my neck and started sobbing. I could feel his body shaking.

"It's so good to see you." My voice cracked and I tightened my hold on him.

"Tubs, it's great to see you, but where's Tommy? We were told he would be in the same flight as you." Techno had been looking around the whole time and finally voice his question.

Tubbos sobs got louder and his grip tightened almost painfully.

"Tommy... we were o-on p-p-patrol a-nd I- we were so happy, a-and w-w-w-we weren't paying a-attention." My eyes widened a bit as I realized were he was going, I looked up to see tears already leaking down Techno's face, Wilbur still looked confused, "two s-snipers, Tommy t-t-took the bullet for me"

I saw Wilbur's face turn from confusion to terror and then sadness, my grip on Tubbo tightened and I closed my eyes.

"Dad Tommy's not coming home"

————————————————————
:D
-Bear