Technos indecision

Techno's internal struggle when he hears that the egg can give him anything.
————————————————

(Techno's POV)

I stood protectively in front of Ranboo, my weapon was drawn and every muscle was tensed. Water dripping echoed throughout the creepy, egg temple, thing. Bad stood in front of us, he wore a smile, it wasn't the normal Bad smile though, he looked insane. Which was coming from a guy that hears thousands of voices every day.

"Think about it Technoblade! Anything you want the Egg can give you!" Bad's voice was sickly sweet. I opened my mouth to say something sarcastic but one of the voices spoke out Anything? My mouth closed and Bad's grin grew, "You could become a king! Everyone would listen to you, no more governments, the sky's the limits!"

Anything? The small voice had gotten louder Even family?

I heard Puffy and Bad argue, but my mind was elsewhere. Inside my head was chaos, some of the voices still called for the destruction of the egg, but most cried out for family. The family that was long broken, just fragments of the close knit unit they used to be.

FLASHBACK

The SBI was chilling. They were sitting in a field of wheat, left over from a burned down village, that my raccoon like little brother had found. Still as adventurous as ever at the age of seven. Wilbur had just gotten his guitar and was already a master at it, singing out songs of safety, love, and family, as that was the only thing he had known at this point. We didn't know that in two years the family would be broken and fighting. We didn't know that Wilbur would leave, taking a nine year old Tommy with him.

If I had known I wouldn't have gone on that adventure with dad. I wouldn't have let them leave. I wouldn't have fought with Wilbur when he said that dad was being negligent. I would have stayed with them, fought with them. But we didn't know, at that moment we were peaceful, we were a family.

A soft melody was drifting across the fields, Wil was singing. Tommy, who had previously been jumping through the wheat, immediately ran over, sitting himself right in my lap as he watched Wilbur pluck the strings of his guitar, coaxing the sound out of it.

Phil, who had been sitting besides me, wrapped a wing around me and Tommy. His smile was soft and the bags under his eyes that seemed like they would never leave these days were no where to be found. His hair was shorter and he was dressed in his old green robes, I had forgotten how comforting the sight of the green clothes could be. I risked a glance at Wilbur, half afraid I would see the insane husk of my brother. There was no trace of madness in his eyes.

A giggling could be heard from my lap, Tommy had seen a bee and was absolutely delighted about it, the small buzzing insect bringing him out of the trance Wilbur's music had put him in.

How long had it been since I had heard Tommy laugh like that?

A smile found its way onto my face, I missed this.

FLASHBACK OVER

I was back in the present. There was no family, there was no SBI, no Wilbur, no Tommy. There was Bad standing in front of me, Ranboo behind him and Puffy beside me. There was a creepy cringe egg. There was my head ringing with the mourning voices.

I miss family

SCREEEEEEE

Is sad without family :,(

Family

Can the egg give us back our family?

YES

GET BACK OUR FAMILY BITCH

DONT MESS THIS ONE UP LIKE YOU DID WITH TOMMY!

Wait which time he messed up with tommy?

Pogtopia

Oh yeah that was bad

FAMILYYYY

but the egg is bad...

If it gives us back family is it really bad?

"Technoblade the egg can give you anything!" Bad's demonic grin grew even wider, he looked at me like he could read my mind, I shifted uncomfortably, "It can even fix your family."

Hundreds of voices begged me to say yes, to just once in my life give in. Yet I stared, it sounded too good to be true.

It is. The egg is a master of illusion. Don't trust it young bloodling.

I stared just a while more at Bad. He had tried to trick me, trick me with my own mind. Take advantage of the few things I care about.

My vision turned red. In a movement so quick you would miss it if you had blinked I had shot Bad. The firework rocket did its job and Bad was dead.

Technoblade whispers to BadBoyHalo: if you ever try that shit again I will spawn trap you until all cannon lives have been taken.

——————————————————

I HAVE FOUND THE POWER OF AO3

AND OF BUSINESS BAY

I AM NOW OBSESSED WITH 2b2t TOMMY AND PHOENIX TOMMY AND GOD TOMMY AND DADINNIT AND TRAUMATIZED MINORS AND ITS ALL YOUR GOING TO BE READING FOR A LONG TIME!

Unless you have request. Remember I'm always open to request.

I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and 4 the night before, I am quite tired and have had three existential crises in the past day.
-Bear