River

Ok so this idea was given to me by @DestinysCheese-kun I'm so sorry it took this long!!

Uh about the words of advice, which you guys will understand latter, those are my own thought process during something when I'm crying or messed up or something like that. I have no idea if that is a healthy mindset, and if you find it unhealthy please tell me.
———————————————
(Third person)

The youngest member of the Minecraft family was on a walk. It was a rare sight, seeing him out of his room. Most of the time Tommy was editing videos or on a call with Tubbo, but today he decided to go out, and he was glad he did. There was a river right next to his house and currently he was walking along the shore, it was a beautiful day, fall had just begun and the leaves were beginning to turn into the warm colors of autumn, the ground was already blanketed by leaves that crunched under his every step. The air was crisp and cool with a light breeze, yet it wasn't freezing, it was just cold enough to make Tommy put on his red sweater.

A smile had made its way onto his face, as he walked down to the river near the house. The family used to take walks down this river, but then they got older, and busier. No more time for walks down the river.

————————

There was woman near the river. Normally this wasn't a problem, Tommy could just walk around. No worries, no need for interaction.

This woman was crying. She was obviously distressed and, when Tommy went closer, he could hear her muttering "I didn't mean to."

What was he supposed to do? Walk away?

Tentatively Tommy approached her, "hey, is everything ok?"

The lady looked at Tommy for a moment, before looking back at the water, "No, I... I made a mistake that might have killed someone."

"Oh," Tommy was unsure about what to do but he couldn't really back out now so he carried on, "well what happened?"

There was a pregnant pause, like the woman was trying to decide wether or not to tell Tommy. At the end she must have decided that she could tell Tommy, "I was looking at my phone while driving and I wasn't paying attention to the lights. I ran into a young mans car and now... well as far as I know he's in the hospital."

The woman started crying again, burying her face into her hands as she sobbed. Tommy stood there, unsure of what to do. Tommy too turned to the river and watched the water. He watched the running water flow over the rocky river bed. Tommy watched a leaf flow down lazily before landing in the water and being carried away down stream. He listened to the river, the noise of rushing water that so many people find soothing.

"I'm sorry, but what's done is done." The girl looked up at him, so Tommy continued still looking at the water, "Sure the accident could have been avoided. But it wasn't. And you can't do anything about that other than apologizing."

The lady continued to look at him, confused and frustrated. As if he didn't understand the situation. Tommy continued looking at the water and the lady let out a small snarl of frustration. "I don't think you understand, my mistake could have killed that young man and-" "and you can do nothing to change the fact that it happened."

"I mean sure you could stay here and keep crying. But what would that achieve? The only thing you can do is apologize, and help the family affected if you can. They could accept your apology, or they could not accept it. That part is up to them, but siting here? Crying to yourself instead of going and making actions towards redeeming yourself? That is up to you."

After a while of just standing there, looking and listening to the sound of water, Tommy turned back to the woman and smiled. The woman returned the smile tentatively and Tommy turned around and walked away, trying to process his own words.

—————————

The house was in sight when Tommy's phone rang. It was Phil, Tommy frowned. Phil was at work.

Putting the phone next to his ear, Tommy answered.

"Tommy! I'm at the hospital, have Techno drive you down."

Tommy's frown deepened, a feeling of panic and dread washed over him, " Why are you at hospital! What the hell happened?!"

"Wilbur got into a car crash Toms."

The call ended and Tommy found himself looking back at the river. Back at where the woman was sat, crying because she had caused a car accident. His voice barley a breath, he said, "Oh"

———————————————————
Again please tell me if this mindset is unhealthy, I'm currently not going to my therapist because my mom doesn't want to use zoom and her office isn't open yet so... yeah I would like to know if this is an unhealthy mindset.

Also two (short) chapters in one day!
-Bear ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ