Unwanted return

In the beginning Tommy is 7.  Techno and Wilbur are 11.
—————————————————-

Third POV

Tommy didn't understand what's been happening with his family lately. Mommy (Kristin) and Daddy (Philza) have been fighting, and Wilby and Techno always looked at him guiltily and don't play with him as much, they also talk about something in hushed whispers and won't tell Tommy whats happening, Daddy hasn't tucked him in for what seems like forever.

It was late at night, way later than Tommy would be up at normally, but he couldn't sleep. He just had this feelings hat something was going to happen.

A thud came from downstairs and Tommy jumped up. He walked down the stairs quietly, like he was a super spy, the thought brought a small smile to his face before he realized that he needed to be serious. When he peaked around the corner of the stair case he saw Mommy shouting at Daddy, she seemed really angry. Like really, really, angry. Techno and Wilby were standing behind Daddy with bags in their hands, but not school bags, the type of bags used for vacations.

"PHIL WHAT THE HELL!"

"It's just going to be a short trip!"

"Your definition of a short trip is months! And taking the twins with you!! Their eleven! They should be in school getting an education!"

"I'll home school them!"

Mommy sighed frustratedly, "okay. But where are you getting the money for trip, we're not exactly rich Phil."

"Just trust me okay? It'll all be fine!" Another sigh from Mommy, "so... can we go?"

"Yeah you can go on your trip."

Tommy was practically dying from curiosity, he couldn't stay quiet any more and he wanted to know what was happening. Slowly he walked out and moved behind Mommy.

"What's going on?" He question, "why is Daddy going on a trip with Techie and Wilby?"

"Oh Tommy," Daddy walked over to him, kneeling down to his level, "me and your brothers are just going on a little adventure!"

"So like a vacation? Can me and Mommy come with you too! It can be a family vacation!" Tommy was much happier now that he understood the situation.

"No big man," Tommy's smile stopped when Daddy said that, why couldn't he and Mommy come? "This trip is going to be for a long time, and we need someone to watch over the house, can you do that? Can you be the big man of the house?"

"Oh," Tommy said to himself, drawing a snort out of Techno, "Yeah! I can totally be big man of the house!"

Tommy had struck a pose, standing like a superhero at the mention of being 'big man of the house'. But then, Tommy stopped. He leaned in and hugged his Daddy, burying his face in Daddy's shoulder, "But I'll miss you."

Daddy hugged him back, then he said, "I know, I'll miss you too, but I'll see you before you even notice I'm gone!" 

So the Minecraft family waited for the Taxi. During the wait Kristin had to stop the twins from putting Tommy in a bag multiple times, tried to get Tommy to go to sleep even more times, and laughed at her husband when the boys dog piled him.

Then the taxi came, the twins and Phil loaded up their stuff, hugs were exchanged, Tommy was crying, and before leaving Phil called out, "Don't worry, we'll be back before you know it!"

—————— 10 years later ——————

They didn't come back.

It was a year after they left that the letters started to become scarce. By age nine they had almost stopped completely, when Tommy turned ten they did stop. Tommy wasn't going to lie, it hurt so bad when they stopped responding to his letters. It took him a while to... recover, he was unmotivated, he struggled at school, and at making friends. What if they leave too? His mom had been supportive through it all and had signed him up for therapy. It helped, a lot. Instead of being angry all the time, he turned to sewing and music, it helped him calm down and made him feel like he had done something, like he had been productive. At age twelve Tommy come to terms that his dad and brothers had left him. And while it still hurt he had accepted it, he meet Tubbo, Purpled, Drista, and Ranboo, who were like brothers to Tommy and had a very low chance of going on a trip and never coming back.