7. Explain please-

Koltons POV:

I look at Kathrine carefully, trying to find a way to tell her we'd come into her life and scattered everything around.

She seemed to have everything figured out. Collage. And... well what else did teen humans have to figure out?

She was staring down at the menu but I knew she could sense our gaze because her cheeks were turning that delicate shade of pink.

The innocent side of her made me want to do dirty things until she had none left.

This table was strong... ten bucks said it hold out against a good session with her...

That dress wouldn't hold up though, I think with a smirk.

'Kolton.' My brother warns inside my head. I clear my throat and she looks up at me.

"Explain please." She says quietly. That soft breathy voice of hers made me ache inside.

The way her lips caressed over every word... I wonder what else they'd do.

"Ahem." My brother clears his throat loudly, catching my attention.

"Right. Explaining." I say, moving my eyes from her delicate lips to her doe eyes.

"I'll just explain. My brothers mind seems to be elsewhere tonight." Dominic's voice is a low growl.

He shifts in his seat. Obviously my fantasy's had been a little to vivid for him.

I chuckle.

"What?" Our mate snaps impatiently. I sigh and take her hand.

"We told you we own a night club out of town right?" She nods.

"Well it does fairly well." That was an understatement. We'd made millions.

The club was very exclusive, thus expensive. It was half hotel half club.

It started as a safe place for our pack. Then others became enticed with the club.

As we didn't let just everyone in.

They had to sign a confidentiality agreement just in case something happened, so they weren't allowed to share what happened inside the club.

"Why's that important?" She pries. I sigh quietly.

"Well it means sometimes people stay at our hotel that need certain things, like-" Dominic trails off. She looks at me impatiently.

"Proof they are a legal citizen." I blurt when she starts to stand. Her eyes widen a little.

"What?" She asks with confusion.

"We have people-" pack members. "that stay-" live "with us and we protect them. One way of protecting them is ensuring they have all the legal documents. Your dad made sure we had those in exchange for some money."

To much money.

"So you hide people who aren't American citizens?" She didn't sound mad but she also didn't sound happy.

"Wait am I somehow looped into this?" She asks suddenly.

I chuckle. "In a way. We were meeting with your father when we saw you-" and figured out you were our mate... and perfect for us

Dom elbows me.

I clear my throat, trying to get my wolf to stop having these thoughts. His were much more innocent than mine.

Mine were possessive but he just wanted her to be happy.

Contrary to what people think werewolf's aren't that aggressive unless someone threatened their territory or their mate.

'Notice how those two things are the same.' Dom reminds me. I send him a look. He was only half joking.

I don't know why I was already so possessive of her.

He sends me a reassuring look.

"So you saw me and then... what?" She sounded confused.

Understandably.

"Hey what can I get you all?" A man in his late twenties asks.

"Usual." Dom mutters. "Same." I say absently.

Kate looks at us with mild surprise, as if surprised we'd been here before.

"Yeah same." She says. "Oh you want what Mr Shreeve is having?" The boy asks. She sends him a look I can't read.

"Uh okay." He says, getting some secret message. She hands him the menu, her cheeks red.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"Go on." She says dismissively.

"Right." This was the harder part of the story.

"Well we're different bella. As Kolton said we aren't normal." He drawls. She nods.

"We saw you and knew you were special too. So we made sure you were safe while we tried to find a way to tell you what we were." I finish.

"What you were?" She repeats blankly.

I sigh as the waiter drops off the water.

The service here was great and they never over booked so food was delivered quickly.

She sips on her water and waits for him to leave.

"You look beautiful." My wolf, Asher breaks through to complement her. I close my mouth tightly.

He gets a thrill of satisfaction when she blushes.

He was struggling to break free and kiss her cheeks.

"Anyway. We visited your father and got the stuff we needed but we still hadn't found a way to talk to you. When you bumped into me at the party it was a lot easier to spark a conversation." Dom says.

She nods slowly.

"I don't know how to tell you this-" she drawls slowly. "but I'm not special." And shrugs and awkwardly drags her pinky across the table cloth.

I catch her hand and Dom struggles to control his wolf, whom was trying desperately to shower her with complements.

'Get her a flower. Girls like that.' Asher says. I snort. She was eighteen not eight.

"Kate you are far more interesting than you give yourself credit." I whisper. I kiss her hand, catching a whiff of lavender scent that she naturally gave off.

My brother smelled some kind of honey or coconut. We'd have to ask her later.

"Here you go-" the waiter returns. I drop her hand. He sets my food in front of me and does the same with my brother.

"And you-" he looks at Kate who had technically never ordered.

She sends him another look that I've seen my sisters give their girl friends.

"Your usual." He says. "Right. I come here all the time." She says. He nods, and as he walks off I head a chuckle.

"Poor kiddo." He laughs when he reaches the kitchen.

I chuckle too and look at her plate. It was spaghetti and a salad. She pushes the salad over to me with her fork.

"You don't want it? Isn't this your usual?" I ask. Was she lying to impress us or to intimidate us?

She shrugs. "I don't eat salad. You know, it's bad for the environment. Trees are what give us oxygen and I find it kind of rude to sprinkle them with sauce and munch away." She says.

I snort and take a bite of salad. She blushes and looks down at her plate.

"Right finish the story then." She says.

I nod. "First eat, then we'll explain everything." I promise. She nods and takes a bite.

I relax back into my seat, releasing her hand, grazing the ring on her finger gently.