Something new-

This hurt so bad!

I feel my body ache.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Naw screw that just don't die in a pool of your own throw up.

The witch names Casandra had led me outside into the woods to practice.

Since the barrier around the pack lands alerted the wolfs whenever magic was casted they all came running to watch.

I groan and push myself off the ground.

"Get up." Cassandra says coldly. "I am!" I yell hoarsely. I wave a hand but she beats me to it, not that anything would have happened.

I hit a nearby tree and the breath leaves my lungs in a whoosh.
"Give her a chance to at least cast a spell." Kole warns. Cassandra ignores him.

"Get up." She says again. I shake my head, nearly coughing a lung up.

"Get up." Her voice was more authoritative now, but I didn't care.

I shake my head and push myself away, still coughing.

My body was crumbling from the inside out.

"Cassandra, that's enough." Nic says.

I scream as another spell hits my back and causes waves of electricity to engulf my body.

"She's done when I say." Cassandra warns. I hear growls sound around us, but when I look up I see a shield blocked them from getting to us.

Shit.

Was this how I died? What if all along this was the witch's plan?

I sit up and looks at Cassandra. Her eyes bore into mine.

"Stop." I say, waving a hand. Not to cast a spell but in a poor attempt to calm her down.

I try to remember the spells she had given me. All I had to do was think or whisper the word and the spell would work but I had forgotten.

I groan loudly as another spell flings me back into the barrier she had created.

Fucking hell.

I push against the barrier, using it to my advantage. I roll out of the way in time to dodge a spell.

Fire... fire! Incindio! The fire that blasts from my hands was a surprise to me, so it lands a few feet from my hands, just between us.

I didn't have time to bask in my glory because a painful looking spell comes right at me.

I didn't have time to move so I cover my face with my hands and pray.

"praesidio." The word slips from my lips before I can think, as though it were instinct.

I open my eyes and see a invisible shield blocking me from her spell.

It was like I'd unlocked something. It was like I could feel something... someone.

Maybe it was all the power finally finding its way to my brain or maybe I was crazy, but I suddenly don't feel as weak.

I realize she's stopped now. And someone's arms are around me. Kolton pulls me up from the ground and Nic stands in front of me.

"Wait guys stop!" I yell as wolfs pull Cassandra back.

She sends me a proud smile, not scared of the men dragging her away. I swallow and look at one of the wolfs pulling her away.

I make my voice a command like Kole or Nic's.

"Let her go." I don't yell, because they would hear me either way. They stop, releasing her.