15. Round two-

When I arrive at the hotel a group of men in uniforms help us carry everything up.

Right to the penthouse....

I take a nervous breath in.

Alright I had nothing to be sorry for. They beat my father and I reacted in. Calm rational way.

But my female instincts told me I'd never find someone better and that I should take all the blame and beg for forgiveness.

It sucked.

I feel like most women were brought up like this. It was a joke even.

For example in ninth grade I tutored this boy with a car and I had a massive crush on him.

Anyway before every session he'd ask me where I wanted to eat and I would respond 'You choose, I don't care.'

But I did care. I just wanted him to be happy even if it meant sacrificing hot yummy pizza for stupid cold Chinese food!

I wasn't about to give up the respect they gave me just to get them to stay.

I step from the elevator and nearly choke on my own resolve.

The place was massive.

The kitchen was stocked with glossy kitchen appliances. It had dark marble tops that nearly were sparkling.

The living room had a couch that looked like it came out of a pricey James Bond movie.

  I was in literal heaven.

I was in the bat cave, if it was a lounge.

I was in my dream house.

I was in-

"Hello bella." I jump and turn to Dominic. He takes the box I was holding.

Kolton takes the cart full of boxes from one of the men, sending them a nod of thanks.

They get back into the elevator and ride down, their eyes lingering curiously for a moment.

"We can help you unload the rest if you'd like." Kolton says hesitantly. I shake my head.

"No." He bows his head and peers into a box.

"No I mean that's all." I add, not wanting to hurt them.

Resolve... slipping!

"I'm sorry bambina." Dominic says.

I nod. "Why?" I wait patently. They could say sorry all they wanted but I needed to know they wouldn't do what they did again.

"He's your father. And we hurt you in turn." Kolton says.

"Yes. And you were treating him the way he treated me. If you hated that he hit me you shouldn't have turned around and done the same thing." I probably should have done it first...

But he was my dad. I didn't want a relationship but I didn't condone violence without purpose.

I'm not changing my moral codes even if it was a little pleasing to see my father black and blue.

"We know." They say. I shrug.

"Good. Now I don't have to worry about it happening again. No point in worrying he wasn't very great of a father anyway. I say we call it karma and don't talk about him." I shrug.

They smile and quickly move toward me.

Dominic's lips find mine. I feel Kolton kiss me from behind.