22. Witches-

I was a what now?

"I'm not- I mean- I think you have me mistaken for someone else." I say, my head spinning a little.

She shakes her head.

"Kathrine. Daughter of Benjimen Marks and Olivia Enders?" She asks.

I feel shock take hold.

Did Liam play his first prank? He was about to jump out and yell punk'd, right?

"Yes. You're from a long line of witches. My line of witches to be exact." She says with pride.

"We were only aware of your existence recently. Your mother left the coven shortly before giving birth to you." She says.

I frown.

"What? W-when? No I know when. Why?" Her lips twitch.

"Your mother felt the burden of her magic. It was hard when we all got our magic at eighteen but her-" she trails off.

"She was never as powerful as the rest. And it bothered her. In our coven everyone is equal no matter their power because we all serve the moongoddess." She was still talking with that prideful tone.

"But she turned her back. Your father meant more. I tried to talk her out of leaving but she was in love." She sighs and shakes her head.

"She fell hard and was planning to get eloped. I never heard from her again. But I did hear of her passing. I'm very sorry dear I should have payed my respects properly but the elders banished any talk of her." She shrugs.

"Elders?" I ask. She nods. "He or she  is the leader of sorts. Though no one leads a coven. She or he just bears the covens crest and speaks to the deceased members of the coven."

She pulls up her sleeve and I see a mark burned into her skin.

It was the same on engraved into my ring.

It had the outline of a fire and the silhouette of a hand.

Now I realize that hand was casting a spell.

"Your an elder?" I ask. She nods.

"The only one. Their can only be one. When I pass the next in line would bear the mark." She says.

I nod. "Who is in line?" I ask. She smiles and shakes her head.

"Who ever is the strongest." She says vaguely.

I nod.

"Why were you here for me?" I ask. She smiles.

"We felt it your right to inform you of your birth right.  Your mother must have dampened your powers so you likely would have gone on not knowing.  I assume that's what my friend did to you. Somehow removed the dampening spell." I frown.

"My mother's ring was a spell dampener?" She frowns.

"Ring?" She repeats. I nod.

"Did it burn to touch?" I nod.

"Once you've got magic it's very painful to have it suppressed. That's what happened." She tugs at the power dampening cuffs and sends me a pointed look.

"Right I'll have someone take those off." I say. She nods.

I had a million questions to ask. Billions actually, but the door opens.

I turn and see an angry Nic.

"I'll have someone release you." I say, wanting to keep my promise. She nods.