Resolve-

I watch the boys fall asleep. Their lips held faint smiles.

It was obvious now they had the same smile.

How did I never notice that?

I listen to their breathing even out. I could hear a subconscious stream of thoughts that I assumed belonged to the boys.

I block them out, not wanting them to hear my plan.

I didn't want to leave them.

It wasn't easy. But the dreams made it clear.

If I tried to fight they would too, thus killing themselves in my place. And if I didn't fight I would die.

Their was no easy solution.

I kiss Nic's cheek and give Kole a quick head scratch. He mumbles something and hums happily.

I kiss his forehead and untangle myself from him.

I slip from the bed silently and glance outside. I had about an hour or so.

I knew tonight was the night. It was a full moon and the snow had stuck. I made sure the boys had the best day possible before-

Before I died.

I take the time to get ready. I get dressed in the first thing my fingers touch. A dress. One of my favorites actually.

I decide to wear it even if it gets dirty. I pull on some knee high socks and tennis shoes. I grab some stationary and hover a pen over it.

What did one say when leaving the loves of their life?

Sorry suckers? Peace out bitches?

No. I settle with a simple, I love you and please don't do anything that will get you hurt.

I spot my moms ring on the counter and decide to have some piece of home with me.

I burn my fingers but ultimately get the ring in place. It takes away my magic but I knew now I wouldn't try to fight back.

This was the safe option.

I walk slowly to the elevator. I felt hopeless but also hopeful. Maybe this isn't the end.

I imagine what my life would be like had I been someone else's daughter.

I imagine a child that had Nic's eyes. And Kole's confidence. I imagine a little girl with Kole's grin.

I imagine me in a white dress. Kole and Nic's faces on our wedding day. Then our honeymoon.

That would be a shame to miss.

Maybe they'd be happy without me. Maybe they'd find another girl.

The idea unsettled me but I force myself to keep going.

Because the truth was I wouldn't get a honeymoon. Or be able to be a mom.

I was my mothers daughter. Which means I was going to end her fight.

And mine...

I step into the snow and walk into the forest.

With each step my resolve grows. I can practically hear my mom encouraging me onward. 

It was okay. I would be okay. Everything would be okay.

Life would go on without me.

I force myself to stop trying to talk myself out of it. Instead I walk silently through the woods.

I know when I reach the spot because a wave of dejahvu hits me.

I wanted to know if I was being followed.

"Kole?" I call, momentarily worried they would hear me. "Nic?"

When no comes I shiver, feeling just how alone I was.

Don't fight. A spell would alert them as to where I was. And I couldn't do that or they'd try to die for me.

I glance over at the tree where I had been watching a few nights prior. I had been afraid then. Though I was still scared, I had a purpose now.

A quiet snap alerts me that I'm no longer alone.

I feel the blood drain from my face. I feel my stomach roll. I wanted to run. But I was to scared.

I was here, like it or not. At least I'd die honorably. I swallow and square my shoulders. I almost smile as I remember in some other time line I would be in the position of power.

"You're alone?" She calls from across the clearing. "Yeah." I say, gritting my teeth.

"Making my job easier I take it?" It was weird, I knew what she was going to say, and what she'd do. But her presence still was like a jump scare to me.

My heart raced with every twitch of her fingers.

"Yeah, figured if I didn't help out it would never get done." I say as loud as I dare.

Just do it! Get it over with!

"Silly silly." She scoffs. "Shame really-" she adds with a sigh "I'd really love to have some werewolf blood on my hands." She coos.

I feel anger flare in me, deep down in my bones. My death wouldn't have meaning. She wanted me dead just for the sake of killing.

She shrugs her shoulders, and her stance changes. She turns her palms toward me.

"Kathrine Marris Ender-" this was it. I was going to die.

"Do you accept the sins of your mother, or shall we cast them on you by force?"

She wanted me to object to these nonexistent sins my mother committed.

The only crime she committed was loving a human. I square my shoulders, feeling my mother with me now.

"I accept." My voice was calm and resolved.

"Your fate has been decided by your own. And they have chosen death. Do you accept your sentence or shall we cast it on you by force?" She sounded eager and exited.

I wouldn't let her win that game. Sure, she could take my life but I wouldn't give her the joy of destroying my mates too.

I glance over to the empty tree where my past self sat.

I wanted to scream at her. I wanted her to know we would be fine, and that she had to enjoy this time left.

But instead I square my shoulders and let my voice ring out.

"I accept." A blinding flash of light bursts toward me. The scream doesn't have time to leave my lips.

I raise my arms as a last ditch effort.

The spell hits and pain envelopes me.

But it doesn't last because shortly after I fall to the ground and die-

... I'm sorry loves. Sometimes future can't be changed.

But maybe it's not always what it seems...

Question of the day, how'd your day go?

Mines been great. It's my bday and I spent it with my brothers. Yes, I did cheat when we played monopoly 😉

<3 love and kisses

Next chapter is coming soon.