13. Naughty things-

Koltons pov:

I pull myself into Kates room, feeling the raw anger and hurt radiate from her.

I look at Dominic and wave a hand. She screams inside her closet and I hear the thoughts inside her head vaguely.

'Own- father- let's set fire- house-' I push into the closet and see her sitting on the floor.

"Kate." Dom says softly. He wasn't sure how best to approach her, since it seemed she hadn't actually registered our presence through her anger.

She pinches the bride of her nose and takes a deep breath.

An easy minute passes before she speaks, and we just stand there stupidly.

"Guess I'm homeless." She pulls her face from her hands to look at us.

She looked on the verge of tears. We knew how to respond to her tears, rather than anger.

This was something we had instinct for.

Or rather our wolves do.

I take her hand and reach to cup her face.

I brush my fingers under her eyes.

"You're never without a home when we're here Kats." I promise. She nods and wipes her cheek.

Her thoughts were blank, just shock as the anger wore off.

I hear a knock at her door. She stands and smooths her shorts. I watch her go, staying hidden in the closet.

"She's going to need help packing I guess. Call Ariel and Alexa." I say under my breath, so low human ears would have missed it even just beside us.

He pulls out his phone and starts texting.

"Are you okay? That was awful!" It was Keira. That girl our angel talked so highly of.

I was glad she had at least one friend.

"I know. I feel good though. I mean bad but good." Kate says.

"Good! Ugh I felt good watching. I wanted to jump on the table and yell I quit in solidarity." They both giggle.

I smile, knowing if she ever did do that she'd always have a place too.

"How did you get those glasses to shatter?" Keira asks. I frown. Oh yeah I did recall the sound of glass shattering but I assumed someone had thrown something."

"I didn't." Kate says curiously.

"Hmm never mind must have been a joke Carl played. Ugh I hate that kid." Keira growls.

So did we. He was always checking our mate out.

  "Why don't you quit? You could get a better job. You are amazing. You deserve better." Kate scoffs, shaking her head.

"Employers see a resume Kats. Not necessarily sprit. I'd get a job, but it doesn't mean it's better pay just better treatment." She shrugs.

"Isn't it worth it?" Kate asks, putting a towel on her head and making prayer hands.

Keira snatches it and sighs. She drops onto the bed.

"I wish Kathrine. I wish." She sighs.

They lapse into silence. "So what are you going to do? I can spare some money if you need some." Keira really was a kind woman.

I had the odd urge to step out and offer her a job as head maid since ours had just flew off to France to be with her new boyfriend.

Boy, the drama in her life...