DO I KNOW YOU?

Armena Riddle-Lestrange

I don't think I slept that night. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I blinked, because the next thing I knew, the early morning sun was shining through the window of my room. I glanced over at the clock on my bedside table.

6:00 A.M.

Pansy and Potter wouldn't be up for another hour or so, especially after hearing her headboard ram against my wall the entire night. Last night just confirmed what I had known for a while, I needed to get my own place. I stretched my limbs above my head and rolled out of bed. It probably would be best if I got to the Ministry early anyways. I had a big day ahead of me and it was one I personally couldn't fuck up. I quickly showered and dressed in record time, before I knew it, I was sitting at my dark oak desk ready to get to work.

I stared down at the manilla folder with the stamped name:

Draco Lucius Malfoy

Classified

Age 29

Status: Hogwarts Alumni, Ex-Death Eater, and Auror Recruit

I threw my head back and let out a loud scream. Surely, I would be the only one in here this early, so I didn't have to worry about anyone hearing me scream at six thirty in the morning. I had avoided Pansy and Potter all last nigh. Mainly for the fear that Pansy would have some choice words for both of us. More or less, I knew Pansy would put thoughts in my mind, that I was already trying very hard to push down. I didn't want to think about what it would be like to see Draco Malfoy again.

No, I couldn't think about it.

If I thought about it then I missed him and missing him made me remember. I had picked up the pieces of my shattered heart so many times that I considered just leaving the broken shards on the floor: bloodstained and mangled.

The last time I saw him was in the pub that Pansy dragged me too. I wasn't even supposed to leave the flat, at that time. It was strictly Ministry and flat, Ministry and flat— no detours allowed. Yet somehow, Pansy found a way to cheat the system and that was a huge mistake we all learned very quickly.

"Are you two out of your fucking minds?" Oliver screamed at us, as him and Blaise came bursting through our living room flue. "Pansy you knew that we come here every Friday night! You knew this and you brought Armena!"

"I am right here, no need to talk about me like I am still in Azkaban" I folded my arms over my chest, as I glared at the dark headed boy sitting in front of me.

"Ollie, I am perfectly fine. Armena is perfectly fine, no harm done" Pansy leaned back in her chair.

"No harm done? Pansy Draco hasn't shut up about Armena since he saw her. He keeps asking Blaise to figure out where she works."

I looked over to Blaise who just raised his hands in defense and turned away. He walked over to our bar cart and poured himself a tall glass of Firewhiskey.

"I'm staying out of this, I think you're making a bigger deal than it needs to be mate" Blaise muttered, taking a seat next to me.

"Do you two not remember how Draco would scream in his sleep those first weeks after she left? Do you not remember how he wouldn't move for days in my home, he would just stare. Do you not remember what we went through to get him where he is today? You two made a deal with Narcissa Malfoy, a deal that can't be broken. I don't think any of us realized that Armena would survive all of this, but she did and now we can't undo what we have done for many, many, many fucking reasons."