JEALOUSY IS A BEAST

Draco Malfoy

I watched with narrowed eyes as Diggory brushed a strand of hair out of her face. I watched as she jerked out of his touch, her emerald green eyes landing on me. Diggory wasn't taking the hint that she didn't want that, that she didn't want his fingers grazing her skin. 

Would she want mine?

From the past month that I have spent with her, I felt like I already knew her boundaries even if we were just getting to know each other. I felt like I knew what she liked and didn't like— and she without a doubt in my mind, did not like Atticus Diggory touching her.

I took a sip of my firewhiskey, letting the brown liquid burn my throat. I knew that I would have to be home soon, I would want to see Scorpus off to bed. That was one thing that I wanted to make sure didn't fall through the cracks. My mum was always there for me when I was growing up. I was her only son and most prized position but to my father, I was nothing. I was the heir to the Malfoy estate and he was Lucius Malfoy. I wanted to be there for my son and to raise him better than my parents raised me. It was one promise that I made to Astoria on her deathbed. But instead of leaving the bar, I found myself wanting to protect Armena.

So I would stay until she got home safely.

Those emerald green eyes of hers were so mesmerizing, I could stare at them for hours and still not be fulfilled. I clenched my fist tightly into a ball as I watched him flirt with her. He was a fucking prick and a playboy, he just wanted to get into her panties. He had no desire to get to know the real Armena Lestrange. She was just a prize to be won to him. He would brag about his conquest tomorrow and share a round of high fives and pats on the back with his mates. He wouldn't want to stay in bed with her and trace each one of her vertebrae. 

No, he would just fuck her and probably pretty fucking badly too. 

I couldn't think about him fucking her. It was an image that I never wanted to cross my mind but it did. I let out a loud groan through my lips and turned to whoever was next to me. Adrian Pucey was saying something to me about how there was a Ministry league Quidditch game tomorrow, but I could give two fucks. I found myself keeping her gaze, refusing to look away while he was standing next to her.  

"Excuse me" I muttered, slipping back into the crowd.

I walked along the outskirts of the bar, keeping my eye on her the entire time. I watched as she looked back over to the direction that I once was, her face dropping when she realized that I was not there anymore. Armena excused herself, slipping from the chair that she was sitting in.

"The night is still young!" Diggory shouted at Armena, who just kept walking forward towards Parkinson and Weasley.

I was about to make my move and walk towards her when Potter stepped in my line of vision. I rubbed the back of my neck and let out a long sigh, taking a sip of my drink.

"The boys and I are playing in a small game tomorrow, I wanted to see if you wanted to join us?" Potter asked.

I leaned around him slightly, watching as Pansy waved over Atticus. The man smirked and walked over to their table, carrying another glass of red wine. He handed it to Armena who took it cautiously.

"Malfoy?" Potter asked again.

"Um yeah sure," I sighed, sipping the firewhiskey. "What time?"

"Normally the game starts around ten so we like to warm up around nine. I was going to take the position of Keeper this game, if you want Seeker?"

"You sure you want to give up your position to your rival?" I raised my brow at him, smirking at him.

"Hey!" he raised his hands in defense, "it seems only fair."