NOSTALGIA

Draco Malfoy

"These violent delights have violent ends, I love you Draco."

I could never see the face where the calm and euphoric voice would appear from. All I could see was dark hair laying on my lap but girl was always turned away from me. For the longest time I thought it was Astoria or some version of her ghost coming to speak to me in my dreams, but I knew deep down it wasn't her. I had the strongest gut feeling that it was whoever I was supposed to end up with in life.

I stuck with my playboy status for the longest time since I graduated. After my father's unexpected death and my mother's imprisonment in Azkaban, I was made the heir of the Malfoy estate and trust. I had enough money to buy a small island in the British Indies, so I did what I do best and I just fucked around.

Oliver and Naomi settled down quickly after we graduated from Hogwarts, moving in together and getting married. Only just a few years later did they have their first child, then their second and now she is apparently pregnant with her third. I do have to admit they make some cute fucking little witches and wizards. Hera Allard, Etta Allard, and Epsilon Allard were spitting images of their parents; attitude, looks and all.

Ollie was the one who helped me re-introduce myself to Astoria five years ago. I took her to Slughorn's party my eight year at school, but to this day still cannot remember what happened that night. Memories of my life back in that last year of school were spotty and foggy at best. I always assumed that it was from my trauma from being under the Dark Lord's command, while he took residence in my childhood home. All I remember was lots of sex and alcohol to drown out the ache in my soul.

Astoria was kind and timid, she didn't ask for much. She respected my past and never asked any questions. I found myself enjoying her company and falling in love with her. When she told me about her blood curse, that should have been when I ran away like a coward. Yet, I couldn't leave her, she filled a space in my soul where I felt empty.

I felt a jump and thud on my bed, where a toddler filled the space.

"Dada" the pale blond headed boy jumped on my stomach.

I felt myself smile by the intrusion. When Scorpius was born, it was like my entire world shifted. I told Astoria that I didn't need to have a child with her, if it meant that she could live longer. She insisted, saying it was only right given everything. The hole in my heart that Astoria left when she died last year, was now filled with my love for my son. It hurt to look at him sometimes. I could see her in him if I looked hard enough. When she first died, I became reserved, separated from my him but I couldn't do that to him.

I couldn't end up like my father.

My hands grabbed at the small child's waist, tickling him. He released an angelic giggle, sinking into the large canopy bed. I picked him up and set the four year old down on the floor.

"Where's nurse Margin?" I asked the child, kneeling down to his level.

"Granny Cissy!" Scorpius smirked, running out of the same door he entered a few moments ago.

I combed my hands through my hair roughly at the thought of my mother. I ran my hands over my face in a series of motions before standing up. I pulled up my joggers and threw on a short sleeve black t-shirt. I walked down the great stone stairs to our drawing room, where my mother stood looking up at a portrait of my late father over the large hearth.

"Mum" I said, kissing both of her cheeks.

"Draco" she cooed. "How are you my dear?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked with suspicion.