HEART OF GLASS

Song: Only Angel by Harry Styles and Horns by Bryce Fox (specifically the desk scene 🙃)

A.N. this is another emotional rollercoaster, I really do apologize! I take no responsibility in the feels that you might experience in this chapter.

Armena Riddle-Lestrange

I used to dream in color. I used to dream in vibrant swirling glimmers of air, when I was with Draco. I once told him he took the nightmares away and it was true. When I was with him it was pure bliss and peace, nothing in the world could stop me even if it tried. When we spent time apart, that's when the nightmares of my father and his devoted following would slip in. Those nightmares were the ones to set my teeth on a bitter edge. The ones that would make me wake up in a brisk and spine chilling sweat. 

I started to fear for sleep when Theo Nott made it aware to me that he was tampering with my dreams. That he was able to morph my sleep into something of his own wicked doing. I didn't know what to think, I didn't know if my dreams of Draven Nott and Felix Lestrange were real or just Theo slipping into my thoughts at night. 

That night that Draco and I killed Theo, stirred a cold and hazy mist over my dreams. It was the last night before Draco was dragged away by his friends, separated from me for what I thought would be all eternity.

I remember lying in Azkaban, my body aching for a good night's sleep. The dreams would be dark and cold, Draco would be haunting them— my worst fears come to fruition. I started to escape sleep after that, I started to refuse to sleep as I dug my nails into my flesh to keep myself awake. I could see why people went insane in Azkaban, it made complete sense to me. When they released me, I thought my color would return. That the world would become vibrate and intoxicating, alluring and breathtaking again but that wasn't the case.

Without Draco, I couldn't dream in color or vibrant swirling glimmers of air. I never dreamed like that again until tonight.

It was always Draco.

That wasn't until I woke up the next morning feeling like I had been reborn. I felt like I had a second coming and I was a new soul, all healed and mended from my tattered past. It was thrilling and delicious.

I sang my way into the kitchen that morning, reaching up to the cabinet for a teacup. I hummed a familiar cherry tune under my breath, my lips pulled up wide on my face. I flicked my fingers, the tea kettle dipping under the sink and filling up with fresh water. It settled back on the stove and began boiling. The sounds of sweet hissing filled the air. I scooped up some tea leaves and tossed them into the cup, spinning around to the fridge where I pulled out some eggs. I cracked them onto a pan, swaying my body from side to side.

"Someone's in a cheery mood" Pansy cooed, her body resting in the doorframe of the kitchen.

I continued to hum, smirking at Pansy. I flipped the eggs onto a clean plate, while flicking my hand over to the tea kettle. It lifted off the stove and poured into the porcelain tea cup.

"I take it last night went well?"

I spun around, my hands gripping the edge of the counter. I chewed my bottom lip, trying to contain them from pulling up into the widest grin possible.

"Are you still alive?" I asked, clearly knowing the answer until Pansy and I were both dead.

"Teeth haven't fallen out yet" she smirked.

"Yet!" Potter snapped, kissing his wife on the cheek before entering the kitchen.

He reached around me stealing my breakfast but I didn't care. I was on cloud fucking nine.