SMALL TOUCHES

Draco Malfoy 

Monday: April 23rd, 2010 

I was determined to chat with her today, but I was also determined to stay out of her way and let her do her job. I didn't know what her problem was and honestly, I didn't want to find out.

I walked down the halls of the black tiled Ministry, preparing myself to face her again. I didn't understand why she reacted the way that she did the other day. But she did, running quite literally out of the Ministry. Potter told me she had some sort of troubled past and certain things can trigger her.

She seemed like a fucking handful, maybe even worse than Scorpius.

I rounded the corner of the long wall, spotting her walking  with none other than my adolescent girlfriend, Pansy Parkinson. They didn't seem to notice me behind them and kept talking loudly to each other.

"Oh stop your whining you will be fine today" Pansy asked Armena.

"I'm not fucking whining Pansy, I'm just stating someone has it out for me and I have three guesses who it could possibly be." 

"Well, if you randomly drop dead or if I do the same, then we will know" Pansy smirked before she kissed Armena on the cheek.

Pansy was quick to walk away, darting into what I assumed was her office nearby. 

"Good morning, Armena" I smirked, towering over the witch.

I watched as she jumped out of her skin, scared by my sudden appearance next to her. She slapped her chest with her hand, her green eyes going wide as she realized who it was.

"Fuck" she breathed.

"I didn't mean to startle you," I said in a low voice.

"You didn't—" she muttered, "fuck, I'm just jumpy this morning. It takes a lot to scare me."

I raised my eyebrows, curious by her words. 

"I didn't know you and Pansy Parkinson were friends" I muttered, cocking one brow at the woman in front of me. 

"I've been friends with Pansy for quite sometime. I would consider her my best friend, we share a sort of bond." 

The way she said it, made it seem like there was more to it. I opened my mouth to ask her what she meant but she was quick to cut me off. She just shook her head and continued walking forward through the office towards her desk. I ran my thumb over my bottom lip and followed her in. There were a few others, but not many people here this early.

So she was a morning person, good to know.

I set my messenger bag down beside my desk and turned to look at her. She was already sitting at her desk, messing with a stack of folders. I watched as she quickly pulled back her hair into a low bun, small pieces of short hair falling around her face. It was taking everything in me not to reach forward and tuck those strands behind her ears.

What was wrong with me? I didn't even know her. I was in love with Astoria, she hasn't even been dead for over a year. Her body was probably still warm in the ground. It felt natural for me to touch her, to do these small acts with her but like I said, I didn't even know her.

"Why does it take a lot to scare you?" I asked, perching myself on the edge of my own desk.

"Excuse me?" she looked up at me.

"Earlier you just said that it takes a lot to scare you?"

She stirred in her chair, before leaning back to look at me. A wicked grin appeared on her face as her hands gripped the arms.