A PATIENT MAN

Armena Riddle-Lestrange 

Monday: May 24th, 2010

I sat at my desk, stabbing aggressively at my food. Pansy was going on and on about something, but I was too annoyed to listen or care. 

It had been weeks since that day in the Ministry library. Weeks since Draco asked if he could get to know me. We still worked closely together on training, but now that he was in the swing of things, others came in to work with him. I felt frustrated and annoyed that I fell into his trap and let him ask me those questions.

I probably scared him off, if we are being bloody honest here. 

"Are you even listening to me?" Pansy waved her hand in front of my face.

I shook my head and turned my attention to the dark haired girl in front of me. She looked visibly annoyed that I wasn't paying any attention to her. Very typical Pansy Parkinson behavior.

"I'm sorry?" I shook my head again, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "What were you saying again?"

"I don't even know why I bother" she huffed, clearly frustrated with me.

"I'm just a little distracted" I mumbled. 

"Why? What's wrong?" she smirked, clearly wanting to know what was going on. 

"I don't know..." I bit my tongue, trying to hold back my emotions.

"Don't you dare try to avoid this, Lestrange," she narrowed her eyes at me. "You know I will get it out of you eventually..."

She was right, I knew couldn't hold back from Pansy. She would eventually torture it out of me. 

"Fuck, fine! Draco told me about two weeks ago that he wanted to "get to know me"..." I threw my hands up in quotations, "and we haven't really talked since I mean other than the usual training and lessons but fuck. I hate this so fucking much and before you say anything I know— I know."

"I'm not going to tell you anything but holy fuck Armena! Why didn't you tell me this before?" her eyes were blown wide as she squirmed in her chair. 

"Because I expected you to react a lot differently..." I tilted my head to one side as I watched Pansy have a fit. 

She looked like a girl who just won the lottery. She was squeezing and muttering praises to herself over and over again. 

"Are you alright?" I asked, concerned for my friend.

"Like I need to know all the dirty details! I know Draco Malfoy, I know you two didn't just chat about how he wants to get to know you." 

"But we did just chat. There was nothing sexual, I mean other than the tension we both have. It was very tame, he was mature and calm about it" I couldn't help but let my lips pull up in a smile. "He wants to get to know me..." 

"I'm about to fucking die, not literally— I feel fine" she glanced towards me, "I just wow, just fucking wow." 

"I know but— fuck, now I feel like I'm in a rut."

She leaned back in Draco's chair, letting it twist a bit as she stared at me intently. She shoved a forkful of food into her mouth and narrowed her dark eyes at me. I knew the wheels were turning in her head and I was scared about what she was going to say.

"What kind of rut?" she asked, a smirk pulling up at her lips. 

"I didn't know there were different kinds of ruts?" I leaned forward to take a bite of my lunch.