20. girls night

TW//abuse

For Vanessa, it wasn't a normal thing for her to go out regularly—due to her job, and her love life. The few times she went out with the team, it was the most fun she'd ever had, especially alone with the girls.

Grabbing the long, black blazer hanging on the coat rack, she put her arms through the arms holes so it sit nicely on her green corset top along with her black jeans. Next, she grabbed her bag and wrapped it over her shoulder. Then putting on the black Chelsea Doc Martens sitting beside all her other boots.

"Where are you off to?" asked Nathan with a harsh voice.

"Out," she replied, grabbing her gun on the counter.

"No. You're not."

Nathan halted towards Vanessa as she was trying to put the gun in her bag.

"You're not going—" he started, attempting to push her against the door before she stopped him.

"Get the fuck off me," she said firmly, bringing the gun up to his chin since his body was way to close with hers. "I think you forget who you're talking to, Nate."

"Woah..." he chuckled, throwing his hands up while slowly taking steps back. "Keep that up and I might save myself for you for later..."

Vanessa gave him a disgusted look, not withdrawing her gun. Then, she opened the door from behind her and left the building.

When Emily pulled up, she sat in the back with Penelope, while JJ was in the front.

"Hello, gorgeous," said Penelope with a wide grin.

Vanessa smiled back, feeling happier than before.

"Very scandalous," said Emily as she looked in her rear view mirror at Vanessa's outfit.

"Could say the same for you," she replied, and Emily laughed lightly before leaving to get drinks.

JJ, Vanessa, and Penelope started munching on the peanuts sitting at their table, Emily off getting drinks. Garcia was laughing over something on her phone and all Vanessa was thinking about was how Nathan was going to react when she got home.

"We've only been here 5 minutes!" exclaimed Penelope as all the girls were looking over at Emily talking to a guy.

"Yeah, but look at her," said JJ, peeling a peanut. "She broke away from the group. Guy saw her alone, felt confident, and made his move."

"It must be serious," Penelope whispered when Emily started walking over again with the guy. Vanessa escaped a chuckle before Emily could hear.

"Ladies, this is Brad," said Emily in a weird voice, "a real F.B.I. agent."

All three of their eyes went wide and Garcia said, "Really?"

"Really," Emily said back with the same energy.

"No way," said JJ.

"That's exciting! What's it like working at Quan-tee-co," joked Penelope, taking a sip from the drink Emily brought.

Vanessa was trying her hardest to not laugh, so she shoved some peanuts in her mouth and looked up at Emily.

"It's, uh, quite impressive," said Brad with confidence.

"What department are you in?" said JJ with a flirtatious tone.

"That's classified," he said back with interest.

"Ooh, must be really tough keeping all those secrets."

"You know it's a skill unlike anything else. Carpenters are good at building stuff, measuring. F.B.I is good at keeping secrets and kicking criminal ass."