03. elegant

They arrived at the hotel and checked into their rooms; Reid followed behind his roomate up to their room.

Once inside, the door locked automatically and they set their bags down on separate beds.

"I'm gonna head into the shower," said Vanessa before receiving a nod.

As the girl was leaving, Reid adjusted his glasses and looked around the room. It was oddly dark, but comforting. He started to unpack some of his belongings and grabbed a water from the fridge. It costed a dollar, but he was thirsty.

While waiting for Vanessa to finish, he was looking around the room and noticed the paintings. Many of them consisted of forests and empty fields.

Moments later, the girl came out in a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top. She was running the towel through her hair and Spencer saw she wasn't wearing any makeup.

Duh she isn't wearing makeup. She just got out of the shower. He thought.

He stared for a moment, realizing how beautiful she actually is behind the makeup. He'd always found her pretty, but when she wasn't wearing makeup, it made his heart feel something warm.

"Yes?" she questioned while setting her towel in the hamper.

"Nothing I just—" he couldn't speak. He didn't know what to say. "I'm gonna shower."

"Okay..." She smiled slightly before untucking her bed and setting her go bag on the floor.

"Spencer?" she called out to him before he closed the door. He peaked his head out waiting for something to come out of her mouth again. "If it...you know...happens again...don't wake me up."

Reid looked at her confused as to why she wouldn't want him to wake her up, but he nodded instead of questioning it.

During the night, they both slept peacefully, until Vanessa started to move around a lot and make sudden shouts causing Spencer to wake up. Balls of sweat started to form across her forehead and slight whimpers were escaping her mouth. The nightmare was back.

Spencer remembered she told him to not wake her up, so he didn't. But he also wasn't going to just let her stay in pain and fear. So he slipped out from under his covers and pulled the blanket off her slowly so she would cool down. It didn't help at all, so then he laid beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder, her back facing him.

Vanessa's breathing started to pace back to normal, and the whimpering stopped. This made Reid let out a breath of relief and soon fall asleep, still holding her.

...

Reid woke up the next morning before Vanessa. He quickly and quietly got out of her bed and messed up his bed slightly to make it seem like he slept in it before a knock came across their door. He pushed his hair back to get it out of the way and walked over to open the door to reveal Morgan.

"You and Rhodes ready? We're leaving in 10," he asked before Reid shook his head. "Did she have a nightmare?"

"Yeah," Spencer said back, "She should be fine though, I'll wake her up right now."

Morgan had a suspicious look on his face. "You know she has a boyfriend, right?"

Reid's facial expressions grew wide. "I know she has a boyfriend!" he whisper shouted. "What'd you think I did?!"

"I don't know pretty boy...." a smirk started to form on Derek's face. "Okay well, we're gonna go ahead and leave...I'll tell Hotch and them that Vanessa overslept."

"Okay, bye Morgan," Spencer said quickly before closing the door.

Walking over to the sleeping girl, he shoved her softly to wake her up. It worked, and she started to stretch before sitting up.