10. the both of us

Gideon, Hotch, and Vanessa showed up at the crime scene where Tobias just committed a murder.

"Slaughtered," the officer said to the three as they walked in. "Same as the others. We've got roadblocks for a 15-mile radius. Every unit's on the road. But so far nothing."

"I don't know how much longer Reid can hold out—" Hotch admitted, while Vanessa put her hands in the pockets of her coats and quickly spoke after him.

"He can do it," she intervened. "I know he can." She let out a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"Who were the victims?" Gideon asked.

"Pam and Mike Hayes," replied the officer as Vanessa started to walk around the crime scene. She noticed the laptop sitting on the desk, but left it alone for now.

"He was a local defense attorney."

"And what bible passage was left?"

"Isaiah 59."

"No one calls for justice, no one pleads their case with integrity. They rely on empty arguments. They offer lies. They conceive trouble and give birth to evil." Hotch restated from the passage when Vanessa looked over at Gideon after she noticed that he, as well, saw the laptop. The man walked over and sat in front of the laptop, her standing beside it to stay out of frame.

"Reid," Gideon started off. "If you're watching, you're not responsible for this. You understand me? He's perverting God to justify murder. You are stronger than him. He cannot break you."

Vanessa felt her body ache again, hoping and praying that he was okay. Jason looked up at the girl, telling her to pack up the laptop for Garcia. She nodded before he stood up to walk back over to Hotch. Putting on her non-latex gloves, she sat in front of the computer as well.

"Please be okay," she whispered before quickly shutting off the computer and storing it in a plastic bag.

"We're not getting any closer," Hotch spoke once they were back at Hankle's home.

"Reid's brilliant," said Gideon. "He'll figure out how to survive."

"I hope," Vanessa said under her breath before they came to a stop in the living room.

"You know, I always take advantage of Reid for his brain," Aaron stated, Vanessa taking a seat, "but I never actually teach him how to deal with things emotionally." His words made the girl realize how unbeatably true that was. Reid didn't know how to handle things emotionally, he never had to.

"Lead by example," Gideon noted.

"Yeah? What kind of example is that?"

"He'll make it."

Vanessa, sitting with her head in her hands, came out after Gideons words. She really wished his words were true. Part of her wanted to believe he was okay, but after seeing him on the computer screens, with only one of his sleeves rolled up, it had her wondering if Tobias was injecting any drugs in him. Then he wouldn't be okay.

Later on, the latest murder had been posted to the internet and Gideon and Vanessa were with Garcia, trying to take it down. She put out a virus warning to all the servers, and that's when Reid came up on the screen again.

"You're pitiful!" What sounded now like Charles spoke. "Confess your sins."

Reid was terrified. Deep pants were coming out of him just as Charles slapped him across the face, causing them to jump up a bit.

"Confess!" Charles shouted again.

"I haven't done anything," Spencer cried out as an unnoticed tear fell down the girls cheek.