09. sleep deprived

Police sirens could be heard miles away from Tobias Hankle's cabin, indicting the PD, along with the BAU team, knew what Tobias was up to. Vanessa got out of the car with Gideon and Aaron, Morgan and Prentiss taking the barn as the rest went to the house.

Vanessa ran over to the front door, kicking down the door with the heel of her right boot so hard it almost broke off the 3 inches on her shoe. She carefully but quickly roamed around the house for any sign of Reid and JJ or Tobias, while Hotch and Gideon did the same.

Clear.

"Clear!" she shouted when there was no sign of Spencer. She hastily went back outside to where JJ was seen sitting at an ambulance talking with Emily.

"Where's Reid?" Vanessa questioned as she walked up to the other two women, trying to sound as calm as possible.

JJ gave a look of concern before Emily started to speak. "They split up, and we can't find Reid."

Vanessa's mouth parted slightly with raised eyebrows. She felt her heart drop into her stomach knowing he's missing.

"Wha—how—" she brought her hand up to her forehead, trying to process the information.

"He said he was going around back—but...the dogs—" JJ started to speak. She was clearly traumatized from the animals, and Vanessa didn't want to put any more pressure on her. So she let out a sigh with a half smile before Morgan came over calling for Prentiss.

"I think Reid followed him out into the cornfield," the man spoke. "It looks like somebody got dragged."

Vanessa felt her body tense up even more. Spencer definitely got beaten and kidnapped by Tobias. He had to, considering the fact that Reid has most likely never worked out a day in his life and doesn't even know how to defend himself.

"Yeah, you sure?" One of the officers could be heard on the phone. "We're on our way now."

"Hey," Vanessa called out. "What's going on?" Prentiss and Derek following after her.

"The sheriff two towns over," he started up again. "He just gave directions to a man who fit Hankle's description. It's to a motor lodge in Fort Bend."

"Spencer is in that car!" Vanessa shouted, Morgan having to hold her back. "He was— he was just—"

"Hey—calm down," he said softly with his hands placed on her sides. "We're gonna find him. Let's get Gideon and Hotch, okay?"

Vanessa let out a deep breath as Emily watched worryingly. "Okay."

...

The sun came up, and the team didn't stop to find Reid. Garcia had flew over to help with all of the computers Tobias had in his room.

"Welcome to our nightmare," JJ greeted to the her and Garcia held a worried look.

"His computer is an extension of his brain," said Gideon. "I need you to dissect it." Penelope nodded before Morgan took her away to get set up.

"So, nothing new since I left?" Hotch spoke, Vanessa walking back into the room they were in with a coffee in her hand.

It was hard for her to focus when all she could think about was Spencer and how he's possibly getting tortured right now.

"Well," Emily started, "The good thing is, the guy documented practically every second of his life. The bad news is, we're still unpiling."

"From the looks of it, he hasn't left this place in years," JJ added as Vanessa picked up a new notebook to read through.

"He knew he could pretend to look for a Motel and throw us off his trail."