Chapter 18:

I watch as her she unzips her hoodie and pulls it off of her arms.

I feel myself freeze up.

She is covered in fresh deep cuts.

They fill up all of her arms.

I feel my heart sink as the realisation comes into play that she had been very likely been performing g acts of self mutilation when she had declined to come down to hang out with us.

She's probably been self harming while I've been simply walking past the bathroom.

And I hadn't noticed nobody had.

Her physical pain brings light of how much hurt she must be feeling mentally.

She's suffering.

I can tell.

I'm going to have to tell Gerard, Frank and Ray.

It's only fair.

Not just for her own safety, but to help her heal from it.

I just hope that she's ready to be helped, as I k is that from personal experience that you can only get better, In terms of anything, if it's something that you deeply want yourself and are not forced into.

Before I can fully allow myself to be submerged into my own throughs she pulls off her T-shirt and I feel the tension in the air intensify as the nurse gasps.

Her body is extremely skinny, her ribs forcing themselves out of her skin with malicious intent.

I had through that she had been frail and too thin before this, but this confirms it.

My eyes wander over her body, and I feel sick as I once again see signs of her self mitigation running over her stomach.

I notice horrendous burns all over her chest, which look to have come from the tip of a cigarette, as well as sharp, long scars that have all faded together as signs of her previous abuse from her father come into play.

I don't want to stare, I really don't.

I feel like I'm invading her privacy, but then again at the same time she hasn't asked me to leave.

Perhaps deep down she'd wanted me to know, wanted me to understand why she is the way that she is.

I'm trying to wrap my head around her father.

Why the fuck would he hurt her like that?

What the fuck had she done to deserve that amount of cruel punishments?

I feel my eyes flood with tears, and before I know it I raise my hand to my mouth to stop the sob from escaping,

Fuck

I really don't want to cry, I really don't want to upset Raven.

I'm not the one whose had to deal with a lifetime of abuse; and yet I can't stop myself from crying.