Chapter 22:

I'm sitting in the practise room, Frank, Mikey and Ray surrounding me on the sofa.

We're just casually hanging out.

It's only 12 in the morning, and Ray and Frank have only just rolled out of bed and got here.

They need time to wake up before we can play; and all of us need time for about ten more cups of coffee.

We're all trying out best to keep the  ents from the weekend out of heads.

We had talked about it when Raven had gone upstairs yesterday evening.

We had all agreed that we are going to keep her safe no matter what, and we will all help.

Nobody had any objections, we all care about her like she's our little sister, she feels closer to one than her title of a niece.

It had been a hard discussion to have, but we'd managed through it.

"Urrghhh, why did you make us practise so early!" I hear Frank groan from where he's perched on the armrest of the beaten up sofa due to their not being enough room for all four of us to squeeze on.

"You invited yourself over!" I say with a giggle.

Frank had quite literally just walked into the house, marched into my bedroom, where I had been laying blissfully asleep, and woken me up just so we could all hang out together.

Mikey had already been awake, and if I know my brother he probably had something to do with Franks action of throwing himself onto me to wake me up.

Mikey always seems incredibly quiet and shy around new people, but trust me, once you get to know him he can be a devious little shit,

But then again, Frank can be a massive pain sometimes.

RING RING

I hear my pain begin to ring, and pull it from my pocket, flipping it open.

I never bother to read the number before answering, in my eyes it takes longer to do that than it does to hang up the phone if it's something you want nothing to do with.

Of course, unless it's a serious situation.

"Hello?" I question, speaking into the phone.

"Is this Mr. Gerard Way" I hear a professional sounding voice ask.

"Yes, and who is this?" I question, hoping that it's not an annoying spam call.

The tone seems much too serious for that to be true though.

"I'm calling from Belleville high school, on regards of Raven way" I hear a voice speak, and Bruce myself for what's to come, preying to myself that she's okay.

"She's been hurt, injured by some peers, she needs collecting immediately, she's not in the correct state to be at school right now" I hear the voice say and feel my chest drop.

"I'll be there as soon as possible" I say, hearing my voice shake slightly as I snap the phone shut.

I turn my head to see that everyone's looking at me in confusion, noticing my sudden change in demeanour.