Chapter 24:

I turn my head around to see Raven with her head in Mikeys laps and her legs sprawled out across Frank.

Her eyes are shut and her chest is rising and falling steadily; she looked fully exhausted, and I won't be surprised if she doesn't wake up for a long amount of time.

"Do you want to grab food still, I'm by the drive thru now?" Ray asks.

"Yeah, we should, I'll try and wake her up when we get back home, she could really do with some food in her system, she looked really weak back there, and I think her blood sugars probably quite low" I say, causing Ray to nod.

I relax against the passenger side chair, at least now that's she's asleep she can at least relax.

-

I feel hands touching me, and my eyes flick open, immediately taking in my surroundings and scanning for danger, I don't find any however, and notice that Mikey has been the one to wake me.

I'm still laying with my head in his lap.

I quickly pull myself up, not wanting to annoy him, he probably got sick of me being all over him.

As I fall back into the middle seat, I notice that the car has stopped and Ray is taking the keys out of the ignition.

At least I'm home, away from that fucking hellhole.

Everyone begins to get out the car, and I follow, feeling my legs go weak as soon as they hit the driveway.

I wasn't expecting that.

My legs hit the ground with a loud noise and my knees dip into the concrete.

It fucking stings, and combined with my very long list of current injuries, the pain caused by it causes me to want to curl up and die.

I soon feel Frank to the side of me, and he comes beside me and swings me into his arms.

I guess I really am that weak right now.

Is it the injuries, or is it the lack of food finally catching up to me?

Gerard casts me a worried gaze as frank carries me down the stairs and into the basement, plonking me on the sofa, where I curl up against the armrest.

I still feel physically drained, and when Gerard comes down the stairs and hands me a McDonald's chicken nugget meal I feel too tired to fight it.

I place the nuggets in my mouth, as and swallow with the help of the sprite, and I soon move onto the fries.

I zone out as I chew, focusing solely on the fact that I'm eating, I'm fucking eating.

As I eat I begin to feel less floaty, less out of it, less ready to collapse at the drop of a pin.

I feel stable.

For once my brain doesn't fight me, doesn't scream at me to run upstairs and throw up.

The voices are silenced, and I lean back against the arm rest of the sofa, pulling my legs to my chest as I suck the sprite up from the straw.

Although the tiredness remains at the back of my head, and the bleak, throbbing pains in my head don't cease to exist, the every knowing feeling of collapsing has gone.

With realisation I know what caused it, but I'd hate to admit it.

I'll just have to be more careful from now on, I'll have to sneak low calorie snacks to keep the suspicions down.

As long as I'm still losing weight that will work.

Luckily their was an alibi this time, but next time their won't be, and I'm not going to be allowing myself to be caught out like that.

Self harm is a lot easier to hide than the fact that I don't eat.

-

I look over at Raven and see her slumped back in the corner of the sofa, knees pulled up to her chest.

She's fallen asleep and I don't have the heart to move her, she's been through a lot today and she needs the rest.

"She's not going back to school" I state, directing my opinion towards Mikey, Ray and Frank.

I feel a chorus of of course, and yes run through the air.

They all agree with me at least.

"Do you think she's being bullied?" Frank asks sadly, and unfortunately I have to nod in reply.

"She won't tell anyone she is, but she has to be, nobody would just attack her like that for no reason" I speak with worry coating my lips. "I don't want her going back to that school" I state.

"I'll tell Sarah, but with how busy she is with work I doubt she'll be able to sign her up for another school, and we won't be able to as uncles" Mikey says, making me let out a frustrated puff of air.

"I just wish she'd said something or spoke to us, we could have sorted something out" I say, causing Mikey to nod.

"We can all agree that she's not going back until she feels ready though" Frank says, from his position next to her on the sofa where she peacefully sleeps curled up agains the armrest.

-

I've had severe writers block for this chapter even though I already had it planned out, so I'm sorry it took so long and that it's a bit shit.

I'm also sorry about the length of this chapter, I have a longer one planned next and I felt like it would make more sense to have it as it's own chapter.