Chapter four:

I'm running, running so fast my small legs can't keep up with my body and I stumble forwards, falling onto the forest floor.

'It's dark, maybe I can hide' I think to myself as I lay flat on the floor, dragging myself into a nearby bush, hoping to god that my body is concealed.

I stay silent, trying my best to keep my breathing silent, now is not the time to start panicking and get myself caught, he'll do it to me again if he finds me, and I don't want it, I really don't.

I hear his heavy footsteps plundering through the trees.

'Raven, Rayhven! Come out!" He speaks in his deep voice, making my breathing shudder, my father then stands still, alarming me, has he seen me? Can he hear me?

I feel a hand heap down on my foot and drag me from under the bush.

He pushes me over so that I am facing him and stares me down, face full of anger so much that I'm sure that I will not survive this time.

"You little fucking slut! Sneaking around with all those boys from school! You should know better you little skank!" He shouts, getting up into my face, spirting as he talks, he straddles me so that I can not escape.

And yet I hadn't been 'sneaking around with any boys' I had been forced into a sweaty janitors closet by a boy years older than me.

He had forced himself on me, a memory I try not recall, I want to push it to the back of my mind.

It makes me feel dirty, sick, unclean, worse than any of my fathers beatings.

The janitor had burst in right as the boy, Dennis I believe, had finished, and he was pulling up his trousers. All he has seen was me on my knees with my jeans around my ice les and him sipping his jeans.

He'd talked to the principal and I was in serious shit, for something that I had not wanted to do in the first place.

"FUCKING LOOK AT ME!" He screams, taking hold of my head in his hands and digging his nails in.

And then he starts, he punches me in the face hard enough for my ears to ring, and then stands up, him kicking me in the ribs until I feel ready to scream.

He kicks me multiple times in the face until i feel my lip split.

He doesn't stop, he keep kicking, kicking, kicking.

I break.

And I scream, my throat tearing at the velocity of it.

I can't stop, I keep screaming, even when the forest scene leaves my vision.

Where am I? Where the fuck am I?

I can't breathe, I can't fucking breathe, I'm going to die.

I hear hurried footsteps rush over to me, but I can't see them, I don't know who it is; and so I bolt, breathing heavily all the same as I rush past whoever had came to me and dart into the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

I'm still panicking, my breathing getting worse by the second as I start to hear frantic pounding on the door.

I can hear voices as well, shouting, shouting so loud.